See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Is using level 2 count in shoe game an overkill

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    I understand why you were rubbed the wrong way, but I always thought that message was not written for me. I figured it was for the player who was not about to put in the work necessary to remember many more indices anyway. If I remember correctly, somewhere else in the book he states that he still uses all or almost all of the indices when he plays. There was a line about not being able to forget them or something to that effect. That was a clear signal to me that he still considered knowing the other indices worth it. I really kind of read the section you quoted as a "If the shoe fits" kind of statement.
    That statement, of course, is part of the I18 chapter! Hard to miss: page 63, first two full paragraphs.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    The list spanned many of his contributions.
    Three, let's look at the points-
    1.Where exactly Snyder talked about the Halves ?
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

True edge (halves)

Truncating TCs (Hilo and maybe other counts)

Give me link...This is book or posts in forum? I not remember - Snyder and Halves. ))
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 11-21-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    Give me link...This is book or posts in forum? I not remember - Snyder and Halves. ))
    Brain fart. It was Zen Count not halves.

You are ok ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BJPloppy View Post
    If I remember correctly, somewhere else in the book he states that he still uses all or almost all of the indices when he plays. There was a line about not being able to forget them or something to that effect. That was a clear signal to me that he still considered knowing the other indices worth it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    That statement, of course, is part of the I18 chapter! Hard to miss: page 63, first two full paragraphs.

Don
    Who am I to argue with the author? It means whatever you say it does, Don.

As for me, I continue to play the Revere Point Count and, try as I may, I can't chase those 165 numbers I learned ten years ago from my head. Only now, I know once and for all that I am not very much better off for all this "knowledge" than if I had learned the "Illustrious 18" and left it at that!

therefinery Quoting Don S:

Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    As for me, I continue to play the Revere Point Count and, try as I may, I can't chase those 165 numbers I learned ten years ago from my head. Only now, I know once and for all that I am not very much better off for all this "knowledge" than if I had learned the "Illustrious 18" and left it at that!
    Only in BJ Attack four, the first sentence should read:

As for me, I continue to play the Revere Point Count and, try as I may, I can't chase those 165 numbers I learned twenty-five years ago from my head. Don, it was meant as a compliment. Meaning the same thing as what they say about fine wine aging.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-22-2018 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    therefinery Quoting Don S:

Only in BJ Attack four, the first sentence should read:

As for me, I continue to play the Revere Point Count and, try as I may, I can't chase those 165 numbers I learned twenty-five years ago from my head. Don, it was meant as a compliment. Meaning the same thing as what they say about fine wine aging.
    Ha. Thanks. Actually, if you read the chapter from the perspective of when I actually wrote the I18 article (1986), then the "ten years ago" would never change. On the other hand, if you consider, instead, what the date is when the book would be printed -- say 2020 -- then it becomes, "44 years ago"!

Don

Ha. Thanks. Actually, if you read the chapter from the perspective of when I actually wrote the I18 article (1986), then the "ten years ago" would never change. On the other hand, if you consider, instead, what the date is when the book would be printed -- say 2020 -- then it becomes, "44 years ago"!

Don
    Don, I am currently holding a copy of the 1997 Summer issue of Blackjack Forum where I think I first saw The 8- deck Simulations. I can no longer remember if I was lucky enough to purchase the first book before or after seeing the article. Many of the pages are highlighted in that book that I own are all loose now and not in the proper order as there was plenty of use. Thank you.

PS: It was very disappointing for me that I could not attend either of your speaking engagements which I'm sure I would have enjoyed.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-23-2018 at 05:52 AM.

then it becomes, "44 years ago"!

Don
    Two SCORE and 4 years ago - would that not be a double entendre

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Two SCORE and 4 years ago - would that not be a double entendre
    I like that one. Clever!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456