Thread: Possible contra Analysis for BS for you geeks and number crunchers

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Possible contra Analysis for BS for you geeks and number crunchers

Most have viewed The Wizard's excel program/You tube video on creation of BS with excel. Confirms, basic strategy as we know it, right? OK, was scouting or perusing the internet and found this analysis by some analytical programming geeks. (And btw, I use the word geeks friendly since I defer to their computer knowledge and am jealous.)

Wondered what you thought of his different view of basic strategy and playing BJ. Yes, I know it doesn't go into as much detail or the rules as we know but I thought it was interesting from the Hit/Stand view on stiff hands. He is not an experienced player, using the term "burst" for bust, but you get his gist.

https://www.analyticsvidhya.com/blog...data-science/#
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

Why would you ask such a question? What is "Wondered what you thought of his different view of basic strategy and playing BJ" supposed to mean? You want us to consider that we've had BS wrong all these years and that this asshole is, suddenly, smarter than the rest of the world?

Clearly, the article is garbage.

Don

Don, while I defer to your expertise, I don't really think the article is garbage. It is an attempt by a computer programmer to map out BS. I did not assume he was "smarter than the rest of the world" but I did figure he at least knew computer programming. Like I said, I am jealous of your guys' knowledge of statistics and computer programming. My education and knowledge is in a totally different arena. But I guess I was trying to figure out what were his mistakes?
    "Women and cats will do as they please, and Men and dogs should just relax and get used to the idea" --- Robert A. Heinlein

I didn't have the patience to go through the whole thing, but it looked like he was in the process of missing the blackjack bonus, doubles and splits affect that make you able to win without winning the majority of hands. I got bored as he headed into betting.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I didn't have the patience to go through the whole thing, but it looked like he was in the process of missing the blackjack bonus, doubles and splits affect that make you able to win without winning the majority of hands. I got bored as he headed into betting.
    Clearly, he missed a great deal more than that if he had you hitting all 12s, 13s, and some 14s against low cards. He doesn't have a clue.

Don