See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1st to 3rd

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    I sit second from last spot, ensure no one is sitting at 3rd base spot when playing DD. This often allows me to go to 2 spots on last round if count is even or slight positive and up.

I also sit at same spot, second from last, in 6 deck games, play last two spots. I like to make decisions after seeing all cards on table except for the hole card.

Often, I can see the bottom card when dealer pulls out decks from ASM and can cut a card in or out of play or see where that card goes when others cut. I can do this best from second to 3rd base.
    never do something like that . you tell your wife everything? "Yes, it was me . I DID IT ! " .... " YES , I WAS COUNTING CARDS ... " YES , I WAS ..." , you get the idea .
    Last edited by stopgambling; 11-08-2018 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    The seat I don't like and has much lower EV than other seats is No. 2 seat. It is because the cards hole-carders don't want are usually also bad for you but you play according to index play. You don't have the information that hole-carders have.
    Do you have some mathematical proof of this? No, you don't and is just more conspiracy nonsense you concoct. Just as a bad player has no effect on others play, neither does a HC'ers.

Playing with early surrender I almost prefer 1st base, as it gives me just a bit more time to make surrender decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    Playing with early surrender I almost prefer 1st base, as it gives me just a bit more time to make surrender decisions.
    Why would being the first to act give you MORE time?

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Why would being the first to act give you MORE time?

Don
    They do not allow you to surrender after any other players have drawn a card. If you're not at first, once any player ahead of you takes a hit, they'll no longer let you surrender.

Not a huge problem, but if the first base player is antsy and signalling a hit before your second card has even been dealt, you definitely have to be on your toes.

It's more of a convenience thing than anything, but it's nice being at first base knowing no one can act ahead of me before I can surrender, without having to say "hold up"

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    They do not allow you to surrender after any other players have drawn a card. If you're not at first, once any player ahead of you takes a hit, they'll no longer let you surrender.

Not a huge problem, but if the first base player is antsy and signalling a hit before your second card has even been dealt, you definitely have to be on your toes.

It's more of a convenience thing than anything, but it's nice being at first base knowing no one can act ahead of me before I can surrender, without having to say "hold up"
    Your comments are correct for your domicile of residence. However, they’re many jurisdictions where you signal surrender when it is your turn to play.

This often allows me to go to 2 spots on last round if count is even
    Why would you play an extra hand when you have a negative expectation?

I sit second from last spot, ensure no one is sitting at 3rd base spot when playing DD. This often allows me to go to 2 spots on last round if count is even or slight positive and up.

I also sit at same spot, second from last, in 6 deck games, play last two spots. I like to make decisions after seeing all cards on table except for the hole card.

Often, I can see the bottom card when dealer pulls out decks from ASM and can cut a card in or out of play or see where that card goes when others cut. I can do this best from second to 3rd base.
    My #1 consideration in seat choice is trying to have open spots on both sides for spreading. If that's not an option, I try to sit next to people who seem likely to leave soon.

Given that, my preferred strategy is similar to Zee's, but I sit in front of the spot next to 3rd, while playing 3rd - discourages other players from joining.

My 2nd choice is to do the same thing except at the 1st base side. That way I can sometimes catch the bottom card in the pack and/or the burn card.

Also if the dealer exposes a card, sometimes FB gets that card on the next round (this happened the other night - card was an Ace - sadly I was not at FB at the time - guy who was upped his bet but only a little).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12