See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What constitutes full or part time play?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    I have changed the whole playing culture in areas my team frequents by working on the ploppies. They always used to just come in anytime with no regard to what other players thought. Now almost all of them are courteous enough to ask or just lammer up spots and wait for a fresh shoe.
    I do not like the trade off, the very last thing I want is some ploppie thinking and expecting the very same courtesy that I previously asked of him/her at some previous point in time. Wong in/out "including sitting out hands, and playing one or two spots" whenever you want and only be concerned with the floor and the eye. Do not try to reason with a ploppy! Depending upon how busy the tables are I infrequently play at a mid-shoe entry game and get in/out when I want with little concern for other people, except for a few high stakes players. While tablehopping I will still try to get it both ways "based on the current session play" by asking others to wait when I have a good count and a big bet out. Most of the time I am at a NMSE tables pit anyway.
    Last edited by BoSox; 11-10-2018 at 11:20 AM.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    When I play in the Northeast ploppies are very respectful and usually show courtesy. There were two problem cities I play that the ploppies showed no courtesy about joining mid-shoe. Now there is only one such city that I play. We tried in the other city but had little success changing the culture. Since I rarely backcount and never plan to backcount not joining mid-shoe isn't a big deal to me. I opportunistically backcount and only for a very brief time. I like to white rabbit. I know if they think I backcount they will not tolerate me so I do my best to make sure they don't think that. If I want to join mid-shoe I usually don't have a problem getting them to ask me to join. I might have to wait a hand or two but it is worth the investment for getting the courtesy where you need it and can expect to get it. Once playing at the table I just do whatever I want. If anyone comments about sitting out or adding and removing a hand I just say that is the way I play, you are free to play at another table if you don't like it. Many refuse to play at my table if they can help it because I often do whatever their pet peeve is. I learn pet peeves and know how to get many players to leave when I want them to leave.

If you are a big backcounter I can see why you wouldn't like the tradeoff. I just see that the biggest issue with getting in a lot of quality rounds is having to share the rounds that are about to be dealt with a bunch of ploppies trying to drop in on your big count. It cuts into profits both ways causing the ratio of big bet hands to disadvantage hands to plummet as both the numerator and denominator are adversely affected.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234