See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's happening tonight in Law Vegas

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    if you don't make plans there is a fair chance you're going to pay more, maybe a lot more
    Depends where you are. If a resort town, yes. If just on a road trip through the midwest, often decent deals can be gotten by just walking into a place in the evening, asking a rate, and asking if they can do any better than that.

I have had a lot of success using Hotwire.com Hot Rate hotels for last minute rooms, Used to use Priceline but I have had better luck with Hotwire for the last year or so, I see rooms starting at 18.00 for tonight on the north strip not including resort fees or taxes, you might try them next time you need a last minute room.

You do not know for sure the Hotel on Hot rates until you book it but a lot of the time it will tell to hurry the last person got this hotel and I have always gotten that room.

To update, I could not get comped a room for Saturday night, ended up in a small shifty motel next to a wedding chapel on Law Vegas blvd for $120. It's nothing now and later I wil! Move to a comped room on strip for my last night. Stil!, 4 nights in Las Vegas with just one night to pay is not bad. However, the $220 car rental hurts. Expect expenses o f $600 total.

It would be painful but being up $2k, I am okay.

In future, I need to check local events/conventions and book early.

I received this flyer from LV Advisor on Friday.
    Note "Stay now through Oct 31"

Top Show and Room Deals from Las Vegas Advisor
    Deal of the Week

Caesars Entertainment
    SPOOKTACULAR SAVINGS SALE

Caesars Entertainment is running their Spooktacular Savings Sale which gets you 30% off room rates. But because you're an LVA Gold member you get to take an additional 5% off the already discounted rates!

Simply replace the promo code with LVA05 and watch the prices drop!

Bally's $29 - Caesars Palace $79 - Cromwell $64 - Flamingo $25 - Harrah's $25 - Linq $25 - Nobu $113 - Paris $50 - Planet Hollywood $43 - Rio $25
    (Base rates, resort fees not included.)

Stay now through March 31, 2019
    Must book by October 31, 2018.

Deal of the Week

Caesars Entertainment

Caesars Entertainment is running their Spooktacular Savings Sale which gets you 30% off room rates. But because you're an LVA Gold member you get to take an additional 5% off the already discounted rates!

Bally's $29 - Caesars Palace $79 - Cromwell $64 - Flamingo $25 - Harrah's $25 - Linq $25 - Nobu $113 - Paris $50 - Planet Hollywood $43 - Rio $25

Last edited by 21frogman; 10-21-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Hike that spread to pay fior that room.
    Freightman, I can't do that because I play rated and maintain my players card. When anonymous, I use a bit larger spread, play 2 hands and more. My rules for playing rated are...

1. Small spreads.

2. Short sessions.

3. Show you are recreational and just waiting for spouse to get done shopping, walk away from a last round of positive shoe. If down, on a good streak and getting close to even, walk away with a $100 loss rather th from $1k down to a win session. Book that loss.

4. Play different amount at same Tc when being hawked, drop a chip down occasionally when count actually goes up.

5. be aware of when being watched, double for less, insure for less, bet a Side bet for one round, don't double A,8, ask if you should double A,2 against a 5 or 6. Get in full act mode.

6. Rat hole a see bit.

So far, I have played 13 sessions rated of $25 minimum, 13 sessions longest being 75 minutes, most averaging 40 minute and average win of just $200+. 2 other unrated in disguise with more spread and higher max bet.

Now, the next 2 days (today and tomorrow), I play unrated more often, spread more. I have ensured comps will continue for a bit longer.

Quote Originally Posted by 21frogman View Post
    I received this flyer from LV Advisor on Friday.
    Note "Stay now through Oct 31"

Top Show and Room Deals from Las Vegas Advisor
    Deal of the Week

Caesars Entertainment

Deal of the Week

Caesars Entertainment

Problem is that on top of low rates is a $30 to $41 charge. Thus a Planet Hollywood room for $54 plus the resort fee of $41 makes it high.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Problem is that on top of low rates is a $30 to $41 charge. Thus a Planet Hollywood room for $54 plus the resort fee of $41 makes it high.
    You're right. I went to the website; cheapest for tonight is $75 at the Flamingo.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    if you don't make plans there is a fair chance you're going to pay more, maybe a lot more, or end up in a crummy hotel you're not happy with
    getting beat on travel plans can cost you many hours of play to make it up

for most it would be way, way easier to save $500 because you planned than to play long enough to have an expected dollar win of $500

like the saying goes: "one of these days I need to get organizized"
    I don't do the $500 extra expense. If I can't get a room for under $50 I just sleep in my car lol. I've never had unplanned expenses amount to more than like $40. I don't know what sort of trips you're going on, but this year the entirety of my expenses total $1041.22

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I don't do the $500 extra expense. If I can't get a room for under $50 I just sleep in my car lol. I've never had unplanned expenses amount to more than like $40. I don't know what sort of trips you're going on, but this year the entirety of my expenses total $1041.22
    At 6'4+, can't sleep in car. Moeover, need to visit the loo a time of two at night, get a shower in the morning, etc. On trips, if after expenses, I make $40k an hour, it is a moderate success. Problem with cheap motels is safety of noise that can prevent sleep. I would go to a $50+ rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Wow! That sure is a low number for expenses. How many trips do those expenses cover?

I decided to look at my expenses for this year. So far I've had 36 hotel stays for an average cost of $17.31. Many were comped, some at half price, and a few at full price. My gas expense I estimate at $462 for the year, and my one flying trip with hotel expenses came to $387. My total expenses year to date come in at $1,320. My other than blackjack revenue is quite low this year coming in at $705 which is mostly free play, drawings, and CBJN reporting. I like my other revenue to pretty much offset my expenses, but I'm short by over $600.

Done the car camping thing. It sucks! Not for me. I'll spend the extra money to be comfortable. I prefer first class. And nice rooms. But I'm not a young person anymore either. LOL
    "I think, therfore I can't play blackjack."
    Arnold Snyder, Blackbelt in Blackjack pg. 229 (2005)

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Solo player View Post
    Done the car camping thing. It sucks! Not for me. I'll spend the extra money to be comfortable. I prefer first class. And nice rooms. But I'm not a young person anymore either. LOL
    I wouldn’t sleep in my car if my life depended on it. When I play, I want to play fresh. That means my teeth are brushed, my body is clean, my pits are deodorized, and to quote the Nutty Professor’s father, my colon is cleansed.

Keep in mind that you’re carrying a lot of money. I like to stay safe, comfortable and clean.

https://youtu.be/ycJSdFiotTs

Quote Originally Posted by Solo player View Post
    Pretty hard for me to do the car camping thing where I live. On my last blackjack trip, I left some soda pop in the car and it froze. Even in the summer it still gets pretty cool at nights. I don't remember for sure if I ever did the car camp routine, but if I did it wasn't a choice I made. It would have been because no room available in the inn.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast