See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you scavage at the table for extra EV

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Read the next-to-last paragraph of Appendix E introduction, p. 301. A-10 is for when it is not a natural.

Don
    R
    Thanks, I forgot it, read it a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Regardless, buying surrenders and insurance bets are risky heat attraction plays. I much prefer being invited to participate in doubles etc.
    How to be invited to splits and doubles? Any meaningful tricks to induce ploppy, or just good luck to encounter such ploppy?

Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Bella View Post
    How to be invited to splits and doubles? Any meaningful tricks to induce ploppy, or just good luck to encounter such ploppy?
    A couple of thoughts.
    The ploppy next to you is not doubling - if you don’t want those doubles, I’ll take them
    The ploppy next to you is doubling for less - can I take th3 rest of that if you don’t mind.
    A semi whale sittin* next t9 me ran out of money, asked if would wait while he went to the bank machine. I threw him a couple of blacks, he made his double and won. Th3 good karma allowed me to participate in his bets for several weeks - very profitable.

There are other ways - regardless, just make sure th3 individual is not a booze smelling, tobacco stanched, body indirectly type of individual. You want to make sure your new collaborator us honorable.

Be nice to ploppies. Engage the table a little bit, talk ploppy like “ the flow of cards blah blah”, “first base is having a row”, “ this dealer is really tough “. fist bump when dealer bust

So the next round, you can easily ask the ploppy if you can get in on his double since you are already on “friendly” terms.

I’ve used some versions of the above reasons to sit out Wong out ( “this dealer is too strong”), spread another hand “to disrupt the flow”, or make some unorthodox index plays as well.

I’ve outrightly told ploppy “there’s a lot of small cards on the last round, so big cards are left now that’s why you should double/split/stand “ etc to influence their play. Loads of seasoned gamblers actually do attempt to track the cards with some sort of eyeballing or whatever nonsensical theory they have. There’s no end to Asian superstition.

Ever easier for you, talk Chinese with the Asian gamblers and the dealer and pb won’t even understand. They might even assume you guys knew each other or sth.

Nobody ever gets invited. You ask ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234