Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brief report of LV trips

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Brief report of LV trips

I just returned from 4 nights 5 days trip in LV, here is what I found: most of it is nothing new from what already discus in this forum but I update it anyway
    -“I am SHOCKED at how many SHOE games in VEGAS are now 6-5.” Shock no more Mr MJGolf (in 50% Penetration Challenge thread, post #62), what I am amazed is people are playing at 6/5 8D shoe but couple tables away is DD pay 3/2 and it is empty. Also free bet 8D shoe games pay 6/5. Yes , CSM also 6/5

- DD game: unplayable because 50% pen or at best 60% {very rare to find one} and cripple rules like NDAS, NS, double down only on 10 or 11, no soft double.

-SD: Ro5 or less and 6/5 pay, with cripple rules like NDAS, NS, double down only on 10 or 11, no soft double.

-There are new game called Stadium BJ, it uses CSM and can seat up to 15 players, dealer deals normally as regular bJ game but all players have same cards. However each player handle his/her cards independently. Say player cards are pair of 8s and dealer has 10 as up card, spot #1 split, spot #2 surrender, #3 stand, and so on.

Of course, you can find playable games in some off the path neighborhoods stores that cater to local regulars, but you have to know which dealer gives good pen

Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    [SIZE=2]DD game: unplayable because 50% pen or at best 60% {very rare to find one} and cripple rules like NDAS, NS, double down only on 10 or 11, no soft double.
    Where are you looking for these games? I've found fantastic DD games all over Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz84 View Post
    Where are you looking for these games? I've found fantastic DD games all over Vegas.
    But how long can you play them?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I camp them for hours, but I'm weird like that. Most do best with like 20-45 min sessions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I visit Vegas very infrequently as an international visitor. The only time I've ever had a problem was at T.I.

I just returned from 4 nights 5 days trip in LV, here is what I found: most of it is nothing new from what already discus in this forum but I update it anyway
    -“I am SHOCKED at how many SHOE games in VEGAS are now 6-5.” Shock no more Mr MJGolf (in 50% Penetration Challenge thread, post #62), what I am amazed is people are playing at 6/5 8D shoe but couple tables away is DD pay 3/2 and it is empty. Also free bet 8D shoe games pay 6/5. Yes , CSM also 6/5

- DD game: unplayable because 50% pen or at best 60% {very rare to find one} and cripple rules like NDAS, NS, double down only on 10 or 11, no soft double.

-SD: Ro5 or less and 6/5 pay, with cripple rules like NDAS, NS, double down only on 10 or 11, no soft double.

-There are new game called Stadium BJ, it uses CSM and can seat up to 15 players, dealer deals normally as regular bJ game but all players have same cards. However each player handle his/her cards independently. Say player cards are pair of 8s and dealer has 10 as up card, spot #1 split, spot #2 surrender, #3 stand, and so on.

Of course, you can find playable games in some off the path neighborhoods stores that cater to local regulars, but you have to know which dealer gives good pen
    Wow, I can't wait to see what CBJN reports this October! /s

Seriously, if what you posted is true, then I have a word that our oh-so-illustrious president has used to describe vegas today.

Damn, they can't even offer decent pen or rules for 6:5 SD?!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It's not as bad as all that. I suspect Vegas resident AP's want to protect the games. Just recently, I had posted my DD playing trip to Lax Vegas. Still lots of playable games and of course, a lot more 6 deck playable games. Some chains want to protect their reputation and they don't care if they make less than they used to, they don't tighten rules. After all, a whole lot of visitors come with friends and spouses and they play other more profitable games and slots.

I visit Vegas very infrequently as an international visitor. The only time I've ever had a problem was at T.I.
    LOL. I was backed off there recently while playing a CSM and losing. Very depressing shit hole.
    "I think, therfore I can't play blackjack."
    Arnold Snyder, Blackbelt in Blackjack pg. 229 (2005)

Quote Originally Posted by Solo player View Post
    LOL. I was backed off there recently while playing a CSM and losing. Very depressing shit hole.
    Backed off a CSM? How?

Were they shuffling after every hand, or keeping a few hands in the discard pile?

Those unplayable are mostly on strip and downtown. I also said that stores cater mainly to locals are playable, many with low min, say $5 or $10. I played couple short sessions at the El, and they are up to their reputation, good game but intense heat. If you change bet from red to green you can hear dealer scream out "check play, black action" and PB run right over to watch. I did not see any back off during playing there yet.

Those unplayable are mostly on strip and downtown.
    On the Strip you'll get many $25 DD games with DAS, at a HE of 0.40%. I'd avoid the nDAS games. Downtown they exist, too.

On the Strip you'll get many $25 DD games with DAS, at a HE of 0.40%. I'd avoid the nDAS games. Downtown they exist, too.
    Thanks Koz84, next time I should take closer look. I stopped at few stores on strip and downtown so I though they all are the same. However at the stores that are NOT on strip or downtown you easy to see more playable games.

I played couple short sessions at the El, and they are up to their reputation, good game but intense heat. If you change bet from red to green you can hear dealer scream out "check play, black action" and PB run right over to watch. I did not see any back off during playing there yet.
    Id count yourself lucky. The times ive played there the PB camped at my table and scrutinized every hand/play. Sometimes i would have 2 or 3 suits watching me at once. It seemed they had nothing better to do than watch my play lol.

I managed to avoid a backoff however the feeling of being an unwelcome intruder was ever present!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast