See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa! Hold on a minute! This is a quote from John Fergusan's BJ Secrets.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    See BJA3, pp. 161-62.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    See BJA3, pp. 161-62.

Don
    Don, if the page numbers on your kindle version of BJA3 are different than the book version, I sure hope you will have some cross reference or cheat sheet that we can refer to when you list page numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Don, if the page numbers on your kindle version of BJA3 are different than the book version, I sure hope you will have some cross reference or cheat sheet that we can refer to when you list page numbers.
    Bigger problem than you may imagine. I'm told that there are NO page numbers for eBooks and that it's just one long, continuing stream, with links and references. All new concepts to me, and I'm wondering if the index will provide an instant link to each listed item.

Don

Depends on the screen and font size, so will possibly be different every time you read it even on the same screen. If you zoom in there will be more pages.
    Don could give you a word reference however (Or you could buy the physical book which is a much better idea)

E-books have a location number. For example Professional Blackjack for the start of Chapter 2 has a location of 835 of 5450. This location number could be cross referenced to a page number in a physical book.

See this:
    https://www.quora.com/What-is-Loc-on-an-Amazon-Kindle
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 10-08-2018 at 12:39 PM.

I can see it now...

DonS: See BJA3, loc 722-835...

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I can see it now...

DonS: See BJA3, loc 722-835...
    No, he will have to do more. How about: See BJA3 pp 122-126 or location 722-835. Maybe he is having seconds thoughts on that e-book.

No, he will have to do more. How about: See BJA3 pp 122-126 or location 722-835. Maybe he is having seconds thoughts on that e-book.
    I'm told by the publisher that all eBooks have a search function that serves as a perfect index. You just search for the specific words, and it sends you directly to the correct page. So, along with the page reference to the regular book, if I include a couple of words, that should be enough to pinpoint the eBook location, no?

Don

I'm told by the publisher that all eBooks have a search function that serves as a perfect index. You just search for the specific words, and it sends you directly to the correct page. So, along with the page reference to the regular book, if I include a couple of words, that should be enough to pinpoint the eBook location, no?

Don
    I just typed the word "blackjack" in the search function of the kindle edition of Professional Blackjack and I got 425 different results. I think a better solution would be to have a couple of pages at the end of the book that would cross reference location number with physical book page number. I'm no expert, and I don't know if this would be the best solution.

I just typed the word "blackjack" in the search function of the kindle edition of Professional Blackjack and I got 425 different results. I think a better solution would be to have a couple of pages at the end of the book that would cross reference location number with physical book page number. I'm no expert, and I don't know if this would be the best solution.
    Or not choose one of the most used words in the book by itself. A chain of 5 words in the location of interest would surely suffice

Don
    I use the search function frequently. It becomes second nature. Do not stay up at night worrying about it. :-)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJer View Post
    P. 72:

Did I read that right? For cover you can essentially use flat betting?!?!?!
    How are you trying to sell a seminar for $1000 a person and you don't understand this?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    True. But essentially flat betting? Even as the count changes?
    Or this

True, but is it playing optimally? Meaning the best way?
    Or this

What is the $1000 a person for exactly? Someone taking the class could probably run a simulation for you and answer the question. Incidentally, you claim to teach bankroll management and RoR without understanding any of these concepts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12