Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
I don't see an explanation of how you do it. Perhaps a post # may help. I think the problem is we are defining what interpolating means in this case differently. I don't really care to get into this. If you like it then go with it. I thought I might be helping you. Either you don't want help or you and I are having a communication issue about what you mean by interpolating in this case. Do whatever you like.

For others, trying to be "smarter" than the sim allows will hurt you with index plays. Griffin said that using your index early will cost you more than using it late. That is because of the TC frequency bell curve. The frequency of using it incorrectly 1 TC early (or any increment early) will be much higher than the frequency of using it 1 TC late (or the corresponding increment late). With diminishing frequencies as you get further from TC 0 you may eat up as much as several times the the increment of errant use on the plus EV side of the index. Griffin said you may use up all the gain from the index but back then things were mostly pitch games.
In Post number 9, I explained how I make playing decisions. I explained it in another thread as well.

I don't know what you mean when you say interpolate. When I use it, and how I use it, is how it is mathematically defined. Google defines it as, "insert (an intermediate value or term) into a series by estimating or calculating it from surrounding known values." Interpolation is rigorously examined in many maths classes and is a fundamental concept to any cartesian coordinate system. If you know the way a function behaves, in the case of true counts the slope is linear, then you can easily estimate a value in between two known values. Basically if I know the TC with a divisor of 1, and I know the TC with a divisor of 2, then I can easily estimate the TC at 1.5 even though I did not plug 1.5 directly into the function. Similarly I can find an estimate at any point in between 1 and 2, like at 1.25 and 1.75.