Thread: Bankroll considerations - worthwhile poker video

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bankroll considerations - worthwhile poker video

The you tube video is high high stakes poker. The interesting part is at 6.40 Mark. Tom Dwans comment, after losing a humungus pot, is very appropo. To the effect of - I’ll win most of those, but you have to be prepared for the losses - commentary relat8ng to bankroll considerations, which also applies to blackjack.

https://youtu.be/jWgoSvFfTdk

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The interesting part is at 6.40 Mark.
    The video stops at the 6.36 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    The video stops at the 6.36 mark.
    6.40 was on mine. Clearly set to the enD then - Tom Dwan interview

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    6.40 was on mine. Clearly set to the enD then - Tom Dwan interview
    The interview was on the video at 5.40. It was a great comment for those that can't believe they lost whatever high percentage winner they are refusing to move on from. It comes with the territory. If you can't look at it in the healthy, realistic way described in the video you might want to consider another way to spend your free time. That is the general you not you specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    The interview was on the video at 5.40. It was a great comment for those that can't believe they lost whatever high percentage winner they are refusing to move on from. It comes with the territory. If you can't look at it in the healthy, realistic way described in the video you might want to consider another way to spend your free time. That is the general you not you specifically.
    Shit happens.
    I was recently playing a fairly nice shithole, double deck, centre cut game. The hi limit min 25 game has just closed for whatever reason, and I was playing the $15 min to 500 max game. I had chipped up to a modest 350 bet with, I think a true 13 or so. I was now heads up.

A critters eye was bulging out of its socket, as I considered a slightly risk averse 10 on 10 double. Concerned about the critters eyeball rolling down the felt, i reluctantly bypassed the double, as I scored a solid 20 on the hit. Dealer pulls off a 3 card 21. Heat cost the house 350.

My thoughts mirrored those of Tom Dwan on the video - such is the comfort of solid bankroll.