• Lifetime $1,500,001 to $2,000,000

1 2.63%
  • Lifetime Over $2,000,000

3 7.89%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll: Lifetime Blackjack Winnings

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    Zee doesn't play optimally, but I believe he has a winning game. Good for him.
    It depends on what you call a winning game. To me you are gambling until you have played through your n0 5 to 10 times, closer to the latter. If you expect to do that and have plus EV then you are playing a winning game. If you will never get that many rounds in you are gambling no matter what your EV is. It will take Zee well more than 50K hours of play to not be gambling. That is not how I define a winning game for a recreational player. Maybe if Zee played more than 2K hours per year he might make it in his lifetime. You are free to define being a winning player however you want. To me you are gambling until you get through at least 9 times your n0 in rounds.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    How the heck did a 70 year old, part time recreational player become so embedded in the minds of some highly accomplished AP"s is truly amazing. My guess is that macho AP's cannot stand someone readily admitting his errors, his dumb decisions and doing all the things they would never do and the fact that my bankroll has survived and increased and I am still around after 4 years. They try to humiliate me off the forum, plead with forum owners to ban me ( OMG, some newbie might actually stop buying their BS).

I come back after a few days off and see threads with me on it. I am flattered.

Is it that hard to accept that my goals are to have a good time without losing, that $$$ is not as important as my mental well being and to preserve MY mental well being, I have my own rules and those sometimes lead me to double for less, insure for less, walk away on a posotive shoe or cut a trip short to not risk turning a winning trip into a losing one.

In any case, gor those who understand, there is no need to explain or defend me, you dont want them to pick you as the one to take their hostilities out.

Quote Originally Posted by zeebabar View Post
    ....embedded in the minds of some highly accomplished ap"s .....
    lmfao

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Damn, so much arguing over nothing.

Lol @ playing 9x N0 before you’re no longer gambling. I agree with the sentiment, but 9x is pretty damn high. I’d put it around 2-3x, maybe 4x. Then again, depends on how you define “gambling” in this context. Maybe t3 has a stricter definition in his mind of certainty to profit.

Zee’s a part time player who’s retired and basically plays because it’s fun and he enjoys it. Sure, he does stuff that’d be wrong for “us” to do, but in this case, it’s subjective. He could certainly do better. Someone (not talking about Zee) who goes to LV a few times a year and plays proper basic strategy but isn’t playing with an edge, I’d say he’s playing proper. Yes, he could play better, but for that person, he’s doing it right. It’s subjective.

And Zee should probably lay off the poor advice giving, or at least have a pre-requisite explaining his situation.

On the other hand, there are people here who make it seem like you need to use some HiOpt2 + side counts A’s, 7’s, and 9’s or some crazy shit just to have an edge or else you’re a terrible player. Oh and you also gotta beat up 15 Hell’s Angels on your own for some reason.
    "Everyone wants to be rich, but nobody wants to work for it." -Ryan Howard [The Office]

4 nzero is not bad, 9 nzero is good for me as a life time goal .i probably have gone thru more than 12 nzero . i play a very aggressive game . Everything , i meant try to do everything i can . i made some mistakes that people say it is bad sometimes . Still ...

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    4 nzero is not bad, 9 nzero is good for me as a life time goal
    This is why many pros use 20K round n0 as the cut off for a playable game. Nine times n0 is 180K rounds. That is 1800 hours to not be gambling. That is a reasonable amount of play to expect in a handful of years playing selectively. It is a year or two of play for the player playing a ridiculous number of hours. You start to playing shit games you will never be able to play enough not to be gambling or at least it will take you decades of play if it is possible at all. I call not gambling as near 100% certainty you will not lose money. That is where EV = 3 times SD which is 9 times n0. At 4 times n0 there is still over a 2% chance you will be in the red. I guess many would feel that is close enough to 100% certainty but someone has to make up that over 2%. Once you get to about .1% you will be in the red you can really figure you won't be in the red. But someone has to be that one in a thousand player that is still in the red.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDownSoft21 View Post
    If you could make $250k in your first year, other than being barred, why stop or cut back?
    Got barred a lot. Plus i picked up other games. I defintely ran hotter than my ev though, ev was probably 150k

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    Got barred a lot. Plus i picked up other games. I defintely ran hotter than my ev though, ev was probably 150k
    I admire your ability to accept "barring" and backoffs. The other day, in a state that can back a person off, Playing red chips, I went from 1x$20 to 2x$20 to 2x$50 and the pit first mentioned something to the dealer and she did not wait for cut card, just decided to end the shoe, then next shoe she cut 2 decks off, the pit glaring at me. All, after I lost those hands! It stayed with me and I had a difficult time getting over it.

Same thing when counter measures are taken or I am flat bet or asked not to play. It's led me to underbetting and avoid risking back offs.

I like to get along with the pit folks and it upsets me when they get real hostile. I just don't have the personality to be agressive, a requirement for full time AP's.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    ...I went from 1x$20 to 2x$20 to 2x$50 and the pit first mentioned something to the deal...
    OMG...you spead 1-5 in a shoe game????....that's fucking BOLD, man

Same thing when counter measures are taken or I am flat bet or asked not to play. It's led me to underbetting and avoid risking back offs.
    If you are in OSN you can expect this to happen often. You are not going to get along with Floormen like this as long as you are counting cards, so why worry about it. He acted against you for betting 2x50. Are you going to make sure you bet less than that and lose or are you going to bet more to get the money knowing they will act against you no matter what you do? You have to realize that being in the OSN means you can't play for long before this happens at places with good games. You can play shit games until the cows come home.

It's led me to underbetting and avoid risking back offs.
    I don't see Zee's posts unless someone quotes them, as he's on my ignore list. Since Dalmation quoted it, I thought it's worth a few comments:

First, there's an old saying in BJ. Don't back yourself off. This is a perfect example of what not to do. Backoffs are a part of the game. Play your game. Don't play scared.

Second, in a thread a week or two ago, I commented that Zee plays a losing game. He's been lucky so far and when he reaches a few more N-zeroes, the math will speak for itself. You doubted me. This is just another piece of evidence to support my supposition.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    I don't see Zee's posts unless someone quotes them, as he's on my ignore list. Since Dalmation quoted it, I thought it's worth a few comments:

First, there's an old saying in BJ. Don't back yourself off. This is a perfect example of what not to do. Backoffs are a part of the game. Play your game. Don't play scared.

Second, in a thread a week or two ago, I commented that Zee plays a losing game. He's been lucky so far and when he reaches a few more N-zeroes, the math will speak for itself. You doubted me. This is just another piece of evidence to support my supposition.
    Same old same old. I drop my speed to avoid a traffic ticket and I avoid certain plays to avoid a backoff.

Four years later and never having met me or played with me, you keep saying I play a losing game and my BR just crossed $70k, having had a $15k start.

Don't lie to yourself by putting me on your ignore list. I can picture your eyes light up when you find some excuse to write/think about me. 70% or more of your posts are related to me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123