See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do ploppies hate CSMs?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Why do ploppies hate CSMs?

I’m Reading in another thread that CSMs tend to chase off all players, not just counters.

Why would ploppies care how cards were shuffled?

My understanding is that CSMs actually hurt the house edge a bit by recycling big cards immediately, leading to more naturals.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post

My understanding is that CSMs actually hurt the house edge a bit by recycling big cards immediately, leading to more naturals.
    Oh.....shit. Had a dealer tell me that once.

Without direct knowledge I would suggest this is misleading at best and just plain wrong at at worst.

The function of the CSM is to randomize the cards, suggesting it is "programmed" to do otherwise is not rational or they are in violation of the Gaming laws.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Actually, it has something to do with a phenomenon known as the 'cut-card effect':

https://www.blackjackincolor.com/blackjackeffects1.htm

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I’m Reading in another thread that CSMs tend to chase off all players, not just counters.

Why would ploppies care how cards were shuffled?

Many ploppies have correctly told me that CSMs mess with the sacred flow of the cards, which is the holy grail for the ploppy religion. With a CSM there is no flow of the cards. All the experienced ploppies figure it out after playing against a CSM for long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Many ploppies have correctly told me that CSMs mess with the sacred flow of the cards, which is the holy grail for the ploppy religion. With a CSM there is no flow of the cards. All the experienced ploppies figure it out after playing against a CSM for long enough.
    It’s the 11th commandment. “Thou shall not mess with the sacred flow of the cards”.

Because it doesn't take a genius to figure out that at no point against a CSM that you have an advantage. Even though plops have no idea of the count, they do correctly "feel" when they're "hot" aka when the count is sufficiently positive and blackjacks are more common and the dealer is busting more. After all, the HE in shoe games is an average, not a static percentage like it is with CSM s.

I have wondered about latency in CSMs though. That is, the amount of hands/rounds it takes on average for played cards to be reshuffled into the dock to be dealt again and whether or not they can be immediately reshuffled into the dock after the previous round. I don't think they can from what I'be seen of the inner workings of CSMs?

Quote Originally Posted by Bushie View Post
    Because it doesn't take a genius to figure out that at no point against a CSM that you have an advantage.
    You would be 100% INCORRECT!

Quote Originally Posted by ShipTheCookies View Post
    That at no point do you get an advantage equal to TC 3 or higher?

I'm not much interested in disadvantage discussion. Nor should this thread be moved there.

I'm not much interested in disadvantage discussion. Nor should this thread be moved there.

Trust me, it is NOT disadvantageous. You and many others here are one dimensional. You are a card counter. I am a blackjack AP!
    Last edited by ShipTheCookies; 09-17-2018 at 09:19 PM.

Trust me, it is NOT disadvantageous. You and many others here are one dimensional. You are a card counter. I am a blackjack AP!
    No you're a disadvantage player if you think CSMs are beatable. Aren't you the guy who believes in the whole ASM "beast mode" nonsense?

No you're a disadvantage player if you think CSMs are beatable. Aren't you the guy who believes in the whole ASM "beast mode" nonsense?
    Wouldn’t worry about him. ShitTheCookies seems to have a chip on his shoulder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast