See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Bad to open more boxes?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Bad to open more boxes?

First time ever a table for blackjack, the min bet was $25 and this guy was playing three boxes at the same time right in the middle and was doing $100 bets every time, (he had a lot of chips with him). As soon as I sat down, he insisted that I bet on his hands and not open up more boxes. He won me some money and stuff, but I wanted to try myself. So I put some chips down in a new box, and he literally moved his chip from his box to in front of mine without saying anything, it was the funniest shit, when I said I didn't want him to do that he instead moved it behind my chips and wanted me to play the hand. I asked why he kept doing this, and he gave a very brief explanation about not opening a certain amount of boxes, could anyone elaborate on this?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ClintJ View Post
    First time ever a table for blackjack, the min bet was $25 and this guy was playing three boxes at the same time right in the middle and was doing $100 bets every time, (he had a lot of chips with him). As soon as I sat down, he insisted that I bet on his hands and not open up more boxes. He won me some money and stuff, but I wanted to try myself. So I put some chips down in a new box, and he literally moved his chip from his box to in front of mine without saying anything, it was the funniest shit, when I said I didn't want him to do that he instead moved it behind my chips and wanted me to play the hand. I asked why he kept doing this, and he gave a very brief explanation about not opening a certain amount of boxes, could anyone elaborate on this?
    Ignore him. Just some stupid ploppy superstition.

I never play DD with more than 3 being used. I also would let a guy like that, playing Black, alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ClintJ View Post
    I asked why he kept doing this, and he gave a very brief explanation about not opening a certain amount of boxes, could anyone elaborate on this?
    He didn't want to interrupt the flow of the cards. It is a ploppy superstition that the rest of the shoe continue winning if nobody changes anything. Obviously this isn't true. Assuming a positive count, you were better off with fewer hands played but if you use a lot of deviations or the guy played hands poorly you could be giving up EV letting him play the hands. From the sound of it, you probably could have gotten him to back bet your two spots. But he might get pissed about the way you played the hands.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Just some stupid ploppy superstition.
    You'd know all about these stupid ploppy superstitions, right Mr. "Beast Mode"?