See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL 2018 play-o-the-weak

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    The Eagles are a half game out of the 6th seed, 2nd wild card spot currently held by the Vikings, tied with the Panthers being the 7th seed who have to play the Saints twice in the last 3 games. They are also tied with the Redskins and a half game ahead of the Packers. It is possible that the last game of the season, Redskins vs Eagles will decide the second wild card spot. The Vikings play the Dolphins, Lions and Bears. But the Bears might have no reason to play their starters in that game. So the Vikings will probably finish 8-7-1 or 7-8-1. Panthers will be lucky to finish 7-9-0. Eagles probably 7-9-0 but might make 8-8-0. Redskins could win out but with all their injuries they will be lucky to finish 8-8-0. Packers should get to 7-8-1 but could possibly win out to a record of 8-7-1. The Packers would need to get to a lead on the Vikings to out-seed them. Four other teams aren't eliminated yet. I think the Giants are playing best of the 4 teams. They play 3 teams with winning records and in the playoff hunt. Their last game is against the Cowboys, who may rest their starters having already clinched the division. If they run the table the Giants will have an 8-8-0 record. That might get them in the playoffs if a hole lot of other things happen to help them. You can probably consider all 4 of these teams as eliminated, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    The Eagles are a half game out of the 6th seed, 2nd wild card spot currently held by the Vikings, tied with the Panthers being the 7th seed who have to play the Saints twice in the last 3 games. They are also tied with the Redskins and a half game ahead of the Packers. It is possible that the last game of the season, Redskins vs Eagles will decide the second wild card spot. The Vikings play the Dolphins, Lions and Bears. But the Bears might have no reason to play their starters in that game. So the Vikings will probably finish 8-7-1 or 7-8-1. Panthers will be lucky to finish 7-9-0. Eagles probably 7-9-0 but might make 8-8-0. Redskins could win out but with all their injuries they will be lucky to finish 8-8-0. Packers should get to 7-8-1 but could possibly win out to a record of 8-7-1. The Packers would need to get to a lead on the Vikings to out-seed them. Four other teams aren't eliminated yet. I think the Giants are playing best of the 4 teams. They play 3 teams with winning records and in the playoff hunt. Their last game is against the Cowboys, who may rest their starters having already clinched the division. If they run the table the Giants will have an 8-8-0 record. That might get them in the playoffs if a hole lot of other things happen to help them. You can probably consider all 4 of these teams as eliminated, but you never know.
    Most importantly, I want to know what people's favorite picks are for next week's game on Eagles vs Rams. I am picking the Rams since they have better odds. A 11-2 record is really good.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-11-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Wentz is supposed to sit out the rest of the year. Foles is probably not going to do what he did last year. Rams win.

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    I'm a big fan of Nick Foles. I think he might be the most underrated QB in the NFL. He definitely should be a starter somewhere.
    I'm not going to say he will have a run like last year. But I'd love to see it.
    The team is a different team this year. Last year it was easy for any QB to get it done just like in New England every year. The team around the QB was that good. This year there are glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball which makes it hard for even a great QB to shine. I would also love to see Foles make a run. They are resting Wentz because they don't think either can get it done so why not play Foles rather than risk another injury to Wentz. The team will be a different team next year and they want Wentz to have a chance with the best team the can put together.

This year there are glaring weaknesses on both sides of the ball which makes it hard for even a great QB to shine. I would also love to see Foles make a run. They are resting Wentz because they don't think either can get it done so why not play Foles rather than risk another injury to Wentz.
    Yes, because the Eagles got their defense cracked in the Superbowl by the Patriots and other teams is using that as a plan.

The team will be a different team next year and they want Wentz to have a chance with the best team the can put together.
    Yes, because the team they play will be easier next year compare to this year. I am noticing that pattern. Eagles beat easy teams and lose to championship level teams. Like I said, I will be #1 every time if I play ball with a three year old.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 12-12-2018 at 07:17 PM.

mush play is Giants +2.5 for today's plays

good luck,

Sharky

Last week: 0-2
    Season: 6-10

Nick Foles - 2nd stringer? clipboard carrier?

I don't think so

24 of 31 vs. Rams - 78% completion
    The Rams didn't lose to the Eagles they lost to themselves. Why would they drop the ball at the 3:52 minute mark after kickoff?

You made a mistake the correct score was 23 of 30.

It looks like ESPN corrected their mistake, assuming they are the ones that made the mistake.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I agree Foles is one of the most underrated QBs in the league. Philly fans have always acted like a great QB will win with a not so great team. But the truth is almost any pro QB will win with a great o-line, a strong running threat and a few of talented targets to spread the ball around to. A great defense is also a big help. The Philly fans never wanted to talk about the issues that put a ceiling on whoever was at QB, no matter how good the QB is. Too many teams look for a great QB and get one but don't put together a team that will let that QB be great. Last year Philly had a great team. After winning the SB the salary cap dance gets tricky and few teams are good enough to field as good a team the next year.

This is something the Patriots were always good at and is very impressive about their team. You can give the Patriots dynasty credit mostly to the office staff that accomplished this and give Brady a small amount of credit, not for his play on the field, but for being smart enough to realize he should not demand to be the top paid QB despite his results. If he had not taken less pay to allow the Pats to field a perennially strong offense around him the dynasty would not have existed. I don't think you see many other QBs doing that. All the best QBs demand a salary that cripples the team when it comes to the salary cap. The Eagles were in pretty good shape to weather the SB win salary cap hit with a rookie starting QB. But all the veterans that were up for a new contract wanted to get paid, as they should and the front office didn't do the kind of job the Patriots front office has done with the post SB win salary cap dance. Of course all the injuries to the Eagles star players this year didn't help, nor did having a SB winners schedule.

The Patriots were also very impressive when it came to dealing with injuries. The next man up always did the job. When Brady went down they still won. But when Gronk went down they tended more to lose or at least look bad when winning. They also had to deal with injuries all over the field throughout the dynasty. Impressively, except for Gronk, the next man up didn't seem to hurt the team, and never seemed to leave a weakness for the opponents to exploit. That is very impressive. That just shows how good a team the Patriots have fielded throughout the Belichk/Brady dynasty. Belichick earns the great coach tag to get the credit he deserves. I just think Brady gets way too much credit for the dynasty that is clearly about the front office, and coaching. Brady deserves credit for knowing he and the team are better off with him taking less money when required. But his play, while impressive, isn't the key to this dynasty.

Gronk was a key. Not so much anymore. I suspect Gronk and Brady will retire in the same year and the front office will have big issues to deal with. If the front office finally fails to be prepared for the next year Brady's retirement will be blamed for the teams weakness. It will likely be more about Gronk. But Gronk already looks to be less of an impact player so maybe this weaker Patriots team that can't seem to win on the road is more about the decline of Gronk than anything else. Gronk's biggest impact this year has been to draw double coverage so other targets can get open easier. The first half of the year they weren't even targeting Gronk in the red zone. That is a huge statement about how they were using Gronk. If the Pats can't beat quality teams on the road, as has been the case this year, they won't make it far in the playoffs. They will most likely have just one home game. The Pats still are almost a sure win at home.
    Last edited by Three; 12-17-2018 at 01:36 PM. Reason: I put overrated Foles when I meant underrated

I agree Foles is one of the most overrated QBs in the league. Philly fans have always acted like a great QB will win with a not so great team. But the truth is almost any pro QB will win with a great o-line, a strong running threat and a few of talented targets to spread the ball around to. A great defense is also a big help. The Philly fans never wanted to talk about the issues that put a ceiling on whoever was at QB, no matter how good the QB is. Too many teams look for a great QB and get one but don't put together a team that will let that QB be great. Last year Philly had a great team. After winning the SB the salary cap dance gets tricky and few teams are good enough to field as good a team the next year.

This is something the Patriots were always good at and is very impressive about their team. You can give the Patriots dynasty credit mostly to the office staff that accomplished this and give Brady a small amount of credit, not for his play on the field, but for being smart enough to realize he should not demand to be the top paid QB despite his results. If he had not taken less pay to allow the Pats to field a perennially strong offense around him the dynasty would not have existed. I don't think you see many other QBs doing that. All the best QBs demand a salary that cripples the team when it comes to the salary cap. The Eagles were in pretty good shape to weather the SB win salary cap hit with a rookie starting QB. But all the veterans that were up for a new contract wanted to get paid, as they should and the front office didn't do the kind of job the Patriots front office has done with the post SB win salary cap dance. Of course all the injuries to the Eagles star players this year didn't help, nor did having a SB winners schedule.

The Patriots were also very impressive when it came to dealing with injuries. The next man up always did the job. When Brady went down they still won. But when Gronk went down they tended more to lose or at least look bad when winning. They also had to deal with injuries all over the field throughout the dynasty. Impressively, except for Gronk, the next man up didn't seem to hurt the team, and never seemed to leave a weakness for the opponents to exploit. That is very impressive. That just shows how good a team the Patriots have fielded throughout the Belichk/Brady dynasty. Belichick earns the great coach tag to get the credit he deserves. I just think Brady gets way too much credit for the dynasty that is clearly about the front office, and coaching. Brady deserves credit for knowing he and the team are better off with him taking less money when required. But his play, while impressive, isn't the key to this dynasty.

Gronk was a key. Not so much anymore. I suspect Gronk and Brady will retire in the same year and the front office will have big issues to deal with. If the front office finally fails to be prepared for the next year Brady's retirement will be blamed for the teams weakness. It will likely be more about Gronk. But Gronk already looks to be less of an impact player so maybe this weaker Patriots team that can't seem to win on the road is more about the decline of Gronk than anything else. Gronk's biggest impact this year has been to draw double coverage so other targets can get open easier. The first half of tghe year they weren't even targeting Gronk in the red zone. That is a huge statement about how they were using Gronk. If the Pats can't beat quality teams on the road this year, as has been the case this year, they won't make it far in the playoffs this year. They will most likely have just one home game. The Pats still are almost a sure win at home.
    Excellent post Three. I like football and follow it closely. I’ve read most of these things about the Patriots, but you did a nice job putting it all together.

There is one thing you missed about Gronk. If the Patriots want to win, they should not play him at free safety as much going forward. Lol.

WOW!..............the Chargers are a big surprise at 11-3 - tied with others for the 2nd best record in the NFL

are they for real?

I doubt it. I expect them to fold early in the playoffs
    I think they are for real. Who in the AFC scares anyone? New England is clearly not the team they used to be. Gronk is all but finished, and it looks like age is starting to possibly catch up to Brady. Their defense certainly doesn't scare anyone. KC? They looked great for much of the season but losing Hunt hurts, and they are just awful defensively. Houston? Good but with the easiest schedule this year, no doubt has helped boost their win/loss record. Pittsburgh? They are a highly flawed team. The Colts? They are still a bit under the radar. I wouldn't rule them out.

yeah, you've got some good points. I'm thinking of Rivers who is now 37 and has never taken his team beyond the conference championship game.
    he's got a monkey on his back
    lots of pressure to get it done this time
    how will he respond to the pressure?
    nobody can know for sure but I'm looking at his history
    Rivers could very well be MVP this year. Mahomes is the favorite but he has a better cast of supporting skill players.

Interested to see tomorrow if the Houston Texans could clinch the AFC South over a win against the Eagles. Of course, it is still anybody's game and anything could happen. But 10-4 is a really good record. I will see what happens.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast