See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Sharky's NFL 2018 play-o-the-weak

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Bend but don't break defense has won many championships. Defenses that don't allow TDs on a short field keep the score low unless the other team scores TDs on a long field. The Eagles' D has the potential to keep NO scoring low, but actually doing it. We will see. NO was shut down in some games late in the season. They scored 12 against the Panthers (and 14 points when Saints rested key players in week 17) and 10 against Dallas. But they were away games (except week 17). The Eagles' D is one point per game worse than Dallas and over 2.5 points per game better than Carolina. But the Eagles' D gave up 48 points to NO earlier this season.
    Eagles' defense and play style is corny!! Their purpose was to be aggressive but they don't realize their aggression make them lose effectiveness. This has shown up in the penalties that the Eagles accumulated during the first two quarters of the game against the Bears. Especially on personal fouls and unnecessary roughness which gave the other team first downs. See I away aim to be effective and efficient in things I do and not be aggressive. Unless being aggressive will make me effective which most of the times it doesn't. Having 13 Eagles against one Saints doesn't make the Eagles defense effective. The Eagles' defense of not allowing TD's has been cracked by the Patriots in Superbowl 52. They were still able to score points. I believe that scoring TD's won't be a problem for the Saints.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-09-2019 at 06:35 PM.