See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Sharky's NFL 2018 play-o-the-weak

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Bend but don't break defense has won many championships. Defenses that don't allow TDs on a short field keep the score low unless the other team scores TDs on a long field. The Eagles' D has the potential to keep NO scoring low, but actually doing it. We will see. NO was shut down in some games late in the season. They scored 12 against the Panthers (and 14 points when Saints rested key players in week 17) and 10 against Dallas. But they were away games (except week 17). The Eagles' D is one point per game worse than Dallas and over 2.5 points per game better than Carolina. But the Eagles' D gave up 48 points to NO earlier this season.
    Eagles' defense and play style is corny!! Their purpose was to be aggressive but they don't realize their aggression make them lose effectiveness. This has shown up in the penalties that the Eagles accumulated during the first two quarters of the game against the Bears. Especially on personal fouls and unnecessary roughness which gave the other team first downs. See I away aim to be effective and efficient in things I do and not be aggressive. Unless being aggressive will make me effective which most of the times it doesn't. Having 13 Eagles against one Saints doesn't make the Eagles defense effective. The Eagles' defense of not allowing TD's has been cracked by the Patriots in Superbowl 52. They were still able to score points. I believe that scoring TD's won't be a problem for the Saints.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 01-09-2019 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Eagles' defense and play style is corny!! Their purpose was to be aggressive but they don't realize their aggression make them lose effectiveness. This has shown up in the penalties that the Eagles accumulated during the first two quarters of the game against the Bears. Especially on personal fouls and unnecessary roughness which gave the other team first downs. See I away aim to be effective and efficient in things I do and not be aggressive. Unless being aggressive will make me effective which most of the times it doesn't. Having 13 Eagles against one Saints doesn't make the Eagles defense effective. The Eagles' defense of not allowing TD's has been cracked by the Patriots in Superbowl 52. They were still able to score points. I believe that scoring TD's won't be a problem for the Saints.
    That confirmed my point after seeing the Eagles play vs the Saints. They were being aggressive in the first quarter but the Saints was able to change the game with a "fake punt". The fake punt was able to give them the first down and with a matter of time they were able to score a touchdown. The Eagles was aggressive there, too. But aggression don't away result in effectiveness. Where were Nick Foles effectiveness after the first quarter?? He hasn't score after the first quarter.

Blog Entries

Tom Brady is 41 years old now and he will be 42 in August
    it's very unusual if not unheard of for an athlete to perform at that high of a level at that age in a contact sport where he may be subject to some brutal hits
    we are witnessing something very special

I don't say he can summon enough to beat the Chiefs
    I wouldn't bet the game - I'm just not sure
    If I was forced to make a bet I would bet that he can't match up with equally to the much younger Mahomes - at least not when away
    obviously, other players will have a big impact on the final outcome

even if he never wins another game his performance and his career are quite remarkable
    we are lucky to see something like this
    Last edited by drunk; 01-14-2019 at 08:01 AM.
    "Life is so short. So nobody should miss a chance to get into nasty arguments with strangers on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    Tom Brady is 41 years old now and he will be 42 in August
    it's very unusual if not unheard of for an athlete to perform at that high of a level at that age in a contact sport where he may be subject to some brutal hits
    we are witnessing something very special
    Quote Originally Posted by drunk View Post
    even if he never wins another game his performance and his career are quite remarkable
    we are lucky to see something like this
    Incredable career to say the least. Imagine his team is going to the AFC championship game for the eighth consecutive year. Ten consecutive division titles. Three, sorry to bring you into this but only you could blame Brady for last years super bowl loss considering that he threw for over 500 yards and the team never punted once.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Patriots have played bad no the road this year. The game is in KC.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Patriots have played bad no the road this year. The game is in KC.
    This one is going to be hard for the Patriots but the Chiefs is not impossible to beat. Just like the Eagles, the Chiefs won't prevent the Patriots from scoring. One thing I would never over look is the Pats can always score points.

Yeah, KC is not known for their defense. Last time they played it was in NE but KC also had Kareem Hunt.

That is why I don't like the Eagles:

Michael Bannett Freaked Out on Cameraman After Loss to Saints.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IdOve-0jjg

I guess champions are human beings after all!

Question for the football experts:

In the "NFL Conference Championship" game if both teams have a tie game after overtime which team is going to preceded to the Superbowl?

It can't end in a tie. They just keep playing forever if nobody breaks the tie.

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast