See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking to reduce heat???

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Drinking to reduce heat???

How do you guys reduce heat when playing?

I am blessed with allergic reaction to alcohol.

My entire body becomes red and I start showing signs of being drunk with one bottle of beer.

I like to use this as my advantage; I act as if I am drunk AF (not enough to get kicked out of course).

This actually has been working very well so far. As soon as the pit sees that I'm drunk, the worry is that I might throw up on the table.

Plus it's fun being buzzed : )

As long as you don't make more mistakes, I think it's a great strategy to reduce heat.

Opinions?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by qhdon View Post
    How do you guys reduce heat when playing?
    For me, these are the most helpful methods to reduce heat:
    1. Being Chinese with a Chinese passport, pretend to understand little English.
    2. Wearing low key, dark color, conterfeit luxury brand outfit. A dark blue Jacket with a HUGE Louis Vuitton logo on it helps a lot when max bet is out, and nobody know it's fake and cheap.
    3. Only make eye contact to the cards during second round dealing. If sitting at 3rd base, only make eye contact to the cards when the 1st base player starts to make decision.
    4. If the floor person sees the table when I sit down, bet more than one unit as the first bet. It benefits comp miscalculation too.
    5. Make less body movement, animal eyes are more likely to catch moving object. I try my best not to be remembered.

My reasoning is when I drink alcohol, pit boss is not drunk, only I drunk, and I might become delusional thinking pit boss careless about my max bet.
    I always keep my mind sharp to avoid possible undetected mistakes.

???? PACM00 ?? Tapatalk??

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Bella View Post
    5. Make less body movement, animal eyes are more likely to catch moving object. I try my best not to be remembered.
    I always keep my mind sharp to avoid possible undetected mistakes.
    Not everyone can become a Shaolin Priest grasshopper.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Not everyone can become a Shaolin Priest grasshopper.
    Ken Uston drunk heavily, I doult he lost count rarely and he didn't notice it.

I saw a guy down 7 or 8 scotches one night, not only with a great act, but with a super max max bet on his last hand with a shuffle tracked blackjack.

I had made mention of this fellow before, with his girlfriend on his lap playing all hands at lower bets and co6nt7 * down th3 side bet. He had to have been pissed, but was bang on everything.

If you're a regular drinker and can handle it, then it's good cover. It creates a presumption of a "chump" in the pit's eye. It'll buy you some extra time at the tables before heat kicks in.

But as for Vegas DD - it won't help much. They're too closely watched. I've been tossed from some strip DD games when I was clearly "half in the bag". But never had a problem with shoe....

Best way to reduce heat? Play within the venue's tolerance level, don't be an arse and be honest if a dealer makes a mistake. It's really that simple.

Regarding drinks, it depends on how cheap they are so that it doesn't cut into your EV too much.

Read his books. He only drank a lot when he was a Gorrila BP and a teammate was signaling him his plays. He just had to be sober enough to follow the signals, not to count.

You’d have to be super-human to execute the Uston APC sober, much less drunk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, these are the most helpful methods to reduce heat:
    1. Being Chinese
    I’m going to try this one. White hasn’t been working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    You’d have to be super-human to execute the Uston APC sober, much less drunk!
    This is one of my favorite pieces of trivia: Uston didn't use Uston APC. He used Advanced Revere Point Count. Unfortunately Don will have to clear up where I go wrong since I can't find the link to my source*, but I believe Ken Uston wanted a count to put his name on and had someone develop Uston APC for him.

* I found the thread where Don says Uston used ARPC, but I can't find where he (I believe) added the color commentary that Uston did it more or less for ego (my interpretation).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    But as for Vegas DD - it won't help much. They're too closely watched. I've been tossed from some strip DD games when I was clearly "half in the bag". But never had a problem with shoe....
    Yeah, the drinking act didn't help me too much, either. I can tolerate my alcohol, so when I played T.I's $25 S17 DD game and kept downing scotch and coke after scotch and coke, with a drunk act, spreading 1-4, I thought I'd be ok. I was asked to stop playing after an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Koz84 View Post
    Yeah, the drinking act didn't help me too much, either. I can tolerate my alcohol, so when I played T.I's $25 S17 DD game and kept downing scotch and coke after scotch and coke, with a drunk act, spreading 1-4, I thought I'd be ok. I was asked to stop playing after an hour.
    Were you asked to leave because you were counting, or because you were an obnoxious drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDownSoft21 View Post
    Were you asked to leave because you were counting, or because you were an obnoxious drunk?
    Counting. I wasn't being obnoxious at all, in fact, I was tipping the wait staff generously, too.

The funny thing about the whole scenario was the fact two college aged poker players were sitting at first base and blatantly counting. They were going from min bet to 2x black with greens stacked on top. Nothing happened to them. I even caught up with one of them afterward as he witnessed the back off and he told me he was counting also (duh!). Not sure what saved them from a back off when my max bet was 4x green.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast