See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drinking to reduce heat???

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    with all you guys doing so well with your counting with distraction . i am still possibly at a very modest pace of 100 hands /hr after what is probably over 2000 to 3000 hours of play . i only go for 1 thing , edge regardless of method .

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    Do you ever go to hi low if the dealer is exceptionally fast (>200 rounds per hour)? Maybe it's inexperience but I find myself much more comfortable using hi low at fast speeds.
    Yes i do this, but moreso if im trying to have an act for cover and be super talkative. I love how the indices are basically identical with halves to hi lo.

Quote Originally Posted by blueman View Post
    I love how the indices are basically identical with halves to hi lo.
    Not basically identical - Virtually identical. A huge plus for hi lo players when considering an upgraded system.

I am very fast with 81 indexes using Halves now..

on a very quick count, i think 22 of them of different from Hi Lo, but only 2 differ by more than 1, a couple of the split idnexes

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    who else loves seeing a 5 coupled with a 9 and a X?? or two 5s coupled with 3 Xs???

or a 5 coming out and thinking "those hi low clowns dont even know three 2s is just one 5"
    I love when I see a 2, 3, and 10 come out. I think, "my counts the same, but anyone counting me down is at +1. Hehehe."

Ever keep your count and hilo at the same time just for lulz?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I love when I see a 2, 3, and 10 come out. I think, "my counts the same, but anyone counting me down is at +1. Hehehe."

Ever keep your count and hilo at the same time just for lulz?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    What count are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    What count are you using?
    She uses hi opt 2. Plus 1 she is referring to would be hi lo players. .you and I would be at plus .5 or 1/2.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Anyone using a count other than Hi Lo is deluding themselves if they think the small differences of when bets are being raised and lowered will deflect heat.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    Anyone using a count other than Hi Lo is deluding themselves if they think the small differences of when bets are being raised and lowered will deflect heat.
    Absolutely agreed. Marginal plus tc can be masked, but at a cost. The common theme will be elevated bets when there is an advantage. Knowledgeable surveillance will try to determine expertise. This is where both judgement and tactics come into play.

Some players are cursed with inferior skills, and thus are allowed long term play. Others are skilled at masking ability, and thus are allowed long term play. Others don’t mask or care to mask, and thus are the first to get the boot.

More sophisticated houses will not count you down using hi lo, rather, they will input cards dealt into a program calculating effects of removal, comparing these to actual bet levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    More sophisticated houses will not count you down using hi lo, rather, they will input cards dealt into a program calculating effects of removal, comparing these to actual bet levels.
    Wow, in which case using halves would be even more incriminating than hi lo.

I'll be honest, when switching to halves the scenario did play out in the back of my mind a couple times where I reached a high TC due to an excess of 5s and 7s being dealt and raised my bets, while pit/surveillance was counting using hi lo, so had a much lower count and wrote me off.

Didn't think it would have much effect, but if anything didn't think it could hurt heat
    Last edited by CountinCanadian; 09-24-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    You are right if you bet like a computer. If you are looking to do cover betting at the least cost, it is best to actually know the cost and choose when it is cheap than to just blindly make cover bets independent of the cost. Multilevel counts aren't the only way to improve your cover cost assessment efficiency but they are the easiest to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Computer analysis takes a lot of time so it isn't often used because it requires someone to input the cards and your bets and plays. If they get to the point they are doing computer analysis, you are already in hot water. The art is to keep the decisions away from computer analysis as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    Wow, in which case using halves would be even more incriminating than hi lo.

I'll be honest, when switching to halves the scenario did play out in the back of my mind a couple times where I reached a high TC due to an excess of 5s and 7s being dealt and raised my bets, while pit/surveillance was counting using hi lo, so had a much lower count and wrote me off.

Didn't think it would have much effect, but if anything didn't think it could hurt heat
    You have much to learn, grasshopper

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast