Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Accurate Count vs Dealers Final Score

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Accurate Count vs Dealers Final Score

Recently I was playing at a table with a very fast dealer. In this circumstance I kept up with the count, but periodically found myself not being able to verify the dealer’s final score vs mine to determine if he was correct in the outcome (because I concentrated on the count of his final multiple cards instead of his score).

My concern, in this situation, is that a very good dealer COULD take advantage of this scenario and “cheat” any suspected AP’s (who, like me, are not quite sharp enough yet to count AND verify in extreme circumstances).

Does anyone have comments / thoughts / experiences related to this? And, a final question, the next time I’m in this scenario, should I still concentrate on the count and trust the dealer… or “guestimate” the count and instead concentrate on verifying the dealers final score vs mine?

Quote Originally Posted by SteinMeister View Post
    Recently I was playing at a table with a very fast dealer. In this circumstance I kept up with the count, but periodically found myself not being able to verify the dealer’s final score vs mine to determine if he was correct in the outcome (because I concentrated on the count of his final multiple cards instead of his score).

My concern, in this situation, is that a very good dealer COULD take advantage of this scenario and “cheat” any suspected AP’s (who, like me, are not quite sharp enough yet to count AND verify in extreme circumstances).

Does anyone have comments / thoughts / experiences related to this? And, a final question, the next time I’m in this scenario, should I still concentrate on the count and trust the dealer… or “guestimate” the count and instead concentrate on verifying the dealers final score vs mine?
    Most fast dealers are prone to make mistakes on final score calculation. Normally he or she will sweep the money even he or she is not sure who wins because the players don't have time to react. I have caught too many of them making mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    Most fast dealers are prone to make mistakes on final score calculation. Normally he or she will sweep the money even he or she is not sure who wins because the players don't have time to react. I have caught too many of them making mistakes.
    That is exactly my concern. Their mistakes are for the house and against the player.

So, me being a nascent AP, is this phenomenon frequent enough for me to fudge the count and concentrate on the dealers final score?

That is exactly my concern. Their mistakes are for the house and against the player.

So, me being a nascent AP, is this phenomenon frequent enough for me to fudge the count and concentrate on the dealers final score?
    cant do both, find another table or another dealer.

Couldn't you asking him to slow down, trying to get the validation of the other players at the table, arguing that you don't have the time to make any verification on the bets pay ? I don't think it would infuriate them...

Have the floor back up the cards a few times to see what the dealer actually had. Just make up some total and call the floor. After a couple of times either the dealer will learn or you can comment to the floor he is not letting everyone verify his total and he needs to slow down so we aren't continually stopping the game to back up the cards. They will have a chat with him if he doesn't self correct. It would probably be nice to through the dealer a tip when he gets it. Dealers tend to be highly trainable with timely tips just like training a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Have the floor back up the cards a few times to see what the dealer actually had. Just make up some total and call the floor. After a couple of times either the dealer will learn or you can comment to the floor he is not letting everyone verify his total and he needs to slow down so we aren't continually stopping the game to back up the cards. They will have a chat with him if he doesn't self correct. It would probably be nice to through the dealer a tip when he gets it. Dealers tend to be highly trainable with timely tips just like training a dog.
    You mean they are as smart as dogs?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    You mean they are as smart as dogs?
    Only fools underestimates their competition. Dogs are very smart. I think they are smarter than most people. I could tell you some amazing things I have witnessed among animals. Most things people think only exist in humans are present in almost every animal species. Most people are blinded by our species' arrogance.

Th3 faster th3 dealer, the better. No problems keeping up and staying error free.

Quote Originally Posted by Letangs View Post
    Couldn't you asking him to slow down, trying to get the validation of the other players at the table, arguing that you don't have the time to make any verification on the bets pay ?
    I don't think it would infuriate them...

Not a bad idea: Act like a ploppy and (after tallying the count) slow the dealer down by verbally (and slowly) adding his score.
    (Although this would have to be done on the next round.)

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Have the floor back up the cards a few times to see what the dealer actually had. Just make up some total and call the floor.
    ...Dealers tend to be highly trainable with timely tips just like training a dog.

Good thought. Just curious, how much is a "critter treat"?

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Th3 faster th3 dealer, the better. No problems keeping up and staying error free.

I'm trying to get there... you guys have a few years on me.

Just curious, how much is a "critter treat"?
    It's more about the gesture than the amount.

For super-fast dealers use a super-easy count like Hilo

Excuse me for asking, but dealers final score? Are we referring to their hand total? Or is this some rating of dealers? I've never heard of their hand being referred to as a final score.

If they are going real fast, I will sometimes take an extra few seconds to make my playing decisions, just to slow them down. What really bothers me is when a dealer is anticipating playing decisions and making too many assumptions, trying to play our hands for us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast