See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Cut Card Effect

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Cut Card Effect

Hi,

I found that the the cut card effect for 6D, H17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr, is about -0.022%.

However, my simulator shown that the cut card effect for 6D, S17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr, is -0.031%.

The difference is -0.009%(-0.031+0.022) when the game rule change from H17 to S17, Anyone here can help to verify it ? Any reason behind ?

James

When the hit 17 rule is in effect it adds a -0.215 to the upfront house edge, making it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    When the hit 17 rule is in effect it adds a -0.215 to the upfront house edge, making it worse.
    I am talking about cut card effect . . .
    When cards are dealt from CSM, say HE = 0.35%, but when cards dealt from shoe box(penetration 5.5/6), the house increase to 0.372%, the increment is 0.022%(this is call cut card effect !).

OR

Please help to find out the house edge under these scenarios:-

1) CSM(shuffle after each round) - 6D, H17, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

2) Shoe box(penetration 5,5/6) - 6D, H17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

3) CSM(shuffle after each round) - 6D, S17, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

4) Shoe box(penetration 5,5/6) - 6D, S17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr
    Last edited by James989; 08-17-2018 at 07:42 AM.

A S17 game uses fewer cards per round on average than a H17 game, possibly allowing for more rounds with a concentration of low cards, on average, before the cut card.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    A S17 game uses fewer cards per round on average than a H17 game, possibly allowing for more rounds with a concentration of low cards, on average, before the cut card.

1) CSM(shuffle after each round) - 6D, H17, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

2) Shoe box(penetration 5.5/6) - 6D, H17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

3) CSM(shuffle after each round) - 6D, S17, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

4) Shoe box(penetration 5.5/6) - 6D, S17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by James989 View Post
    You've been a forum member for more than 5 years and you don't have software?

Hi,

I found that the the cut card effect for 6D, H17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr, is about -0.022%.

However, my simulator shown that the cut card effect for 6D, S17, penetration 5.5/6, DOA, DAS, RS2, RSA2, PEEK, No Surr, is -0.031%.

The difference is -0.009%(-0.031+0.022) when the game rule change from H17 to S17, Anyone here can help to verify it ? Any reason behind ?

James
    The difference 0.01% between -0.02% and -0.03% is too trivial to ask for an explanation.

However, my simulator shown ...
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    The difference 0.01% between -0.02% and -0.03% is too trivial to ask for an explanation.
    Good point. What is the standard error of the EV in your simulations? The difference could simply be noise.

Good point. What is the standard error of the EV in your simulations? The difference could simply be noise.
    3 billion rounds simulation for each scenario.....I don't think it is due to statistical error

3 billion rounds simulation for each scenario.....I don't think it is due to statistical error
    The issue - who the fuck cares? I’m amazed at the minutae of those who will obsess to the nth degree over something that cannot possibly help you in the heat of battle. Simply my modest opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    The issue - who the fuck cares? I’m amazed at the minutae of those who will obsess to the nth degree over something that cannot possibly help you in the heat of battle. Simply my modest opinion.
    I am just hoping that someone can sim it for me, then I can verify my simulator of BJ SWITCH . . .I don't think you can find a BJ SWITCH simulation software in the market

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    From a practical point of view, very true. But the OP is trying to verify the accuracy of his software. Reproducing known results within a reasonable tolerance is pretty much the only way to do this. Failure to accomplish this is a strong indication of a bug. For a CA, that tolerance needs to be small enough to be accounted for by rounding error in the hardware (i.e. minuscule). For simulators and other sampling processes, that tolerance is defined by the Standard Error.

The standard error for a 12 billion round simulation of a 6 Deck, 78 Cards Cut Off, S17, BJ 3/2, DOA, DAS, SPL34, SA1, PEEK game that I ran some time ago was 0.001046%. The standard error of the EV for your simulation of only 3 billion rounds could conceivably be significant compared 0.009% difference in results you're seeing. You can not compare simulation results to 3 decimal places of accuracy without considering the size of the standard error first.

You should really have your simulator compute the standard error in these situations but in the mean time, one way to get a feel for its size would be to run the same simulation for the same game a few times and compare the differences in the results.

From a practical point of view, very true. But the OP is trying to verify the accuracy of his software. Reproducing known results within a reasonable tolerance is pretty much the only way to do this. Failure to accomplish this is a strong indication of a bug. For a CA, that tolerance needs to be small enough to be accounted for by rounding error in the hardware (i.e. minuscule). For simulators and other sampling processes, that tolerance is defined by the Standard Error.

The standard error for a 12 billion round simulation of a 6 Deck, 78 Cards Cut Off, S17, BJ 3/2, DOA, DAS, SPL34, SA1, PEEK game that I ran some time ago was 0.001046%. The standard error of the EV for your simulation of only 3 billion rounds could conceivably be significant compared 0.009% difference in results you're seeing. You can not compare simulation results to 3 decimal places of accuracy without considering the size of the standard error first.

You should really have your simulator compute the standard error in these situations but in the mean time, one way to get a feel for its size would be to run the same simulation for the same game a few times and compare the differences in the results.

Thanks for your advice, I will sim the games for another 17 billion( total 20 billion) rounds and see what is the results.