Thread: Cvcx tc

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Cvcx tc

If rounding is set for the TC, does that mean if -1.5 <=TC<-0.5 then TC = -1?

Also, do you find that the accuracy of the RoR and goal calculators diminish when you run a wong out simulation as compared to playall? Thanks.

MJ

Blog Entries

If you run the sim, you set the TC calc method. If it's a canned sim, the TC calc is my guess at how the indices were generated by the author of the strategy.

If you run a sim using the Wong function, the results are accurate. If you run a sim without wonging specified, and then use the wonging post-sim function, the results are not accurate as they don't take into account the change in the number of players when you wong in or out.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Ok but if you run the sim with rounding set for the TC and the TC after a round is between -1.5 and -0.5 would CVCX round it to -1?

MJ

Blog Entries

If you click on the blue ? on any scren, you will see the help for that screen. In this case:

True Count Calculation
    Ø Round – After the True Count calculation, round fractions to the closest integer. Round up if exactly between two integers.
    Ø Truncate – Round down if positive and up if negative
    Ø Floor – Rounds a number down.
    Ø Statistical Round – Round to the closest even integer if exactly between two integers.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse