See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BJA3 - supply issue?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

BJA3 - supply issue?

What’s the status of BJA3? I’d like to add it to my library but do I really have to shell out black chips to get a copy? Any other source for this book?

Don, do you get any of the money when someone sells your book for hundreds of dollars?

https://www.amazon.com/Blackjack-Att...i0L&ref=plSrch

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    What’s the status of BJA3? I’d like to add it to my library but do I really have to shell out black chips to get a copy? Any other source for this book?

Don, do you get any of the money when someone sells your book for hundreds of dollars?

https://www.amazon.com/Blackjack-Att...i0L&ref=plSrch
    The book is at the printer as we speak. It is being published by Anthony Curtis at Huntington Press. Order from them. Unfortunately, I have no control over the outlandish, disgusting Amazon prices. And no, I wouldn't get a dime of those inflated sales.

Sorry for the delay. Circumstances beyond my control.

Don

Thanks Don. I’ll check it out.

Don, thanks for doing another printing of this book. Another printing will once again keep prices reasonable. Any chance a kindle version of BJA3 is possible?

I do have BJA1 and BJA2. I never bought BJA3. I know if I bought BJA3 I wouldn't read it, but I would use it as a reference book. However, a kindle version would be even better.

That's good to hear Don !

I'm looking forward to finding the 3rd edition since months, and I thought I would have to sell some vital organs of my body to get a hand on it haha !

Do you have any information regarding the time remaining before it becomes available to purchase ? I had a quick check on the website Huntington Press and unless I'm mistaken, nothing is mentioned yet regarding BJA3.

Thanks a lot for your answer !

Quote Originally Posted by Letangs View Post
    That's good to hear Don !

I'm looking forward to finding the 3rd edition since months, and I thought I would have to sell some vital organs of my body to get a hand on it haha !

Do you have any information regarding the time remaining before it becomes available to purchase ? I had a quick check on the website Huntington Press and unless I'm mistaken, nothing is mentioned yet regarding BJA3.

Thanks a lot for your answer !
    The book was available at HP for the discounted price of $17.99 for the past year. They just sold out. It will be restocked very quickly and once again available at the normal, affordable price.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    The book was available at HP for the discounted price of $17.99 for the past year. They just sold out. It will be restocked very quickly and once again available at the normal, affordable price.

Don
    Bargain price.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Bargain price.
    AP play here. Buy 10 and sell them on Amazon for $600 each.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post

Don
    That might be why I didn't manage to find one at a normal price. I didn't know the HP website.
    I kept checking at Amazon for months, and if you say it was reprinted for the past year, I'm afraid it didn't change anything for plateformes such as Amazon. People keep making profit out of the supposed rarity of this book, selling it for 200$ sometimes ....

At least, on a positive sidenote, it kinda mean that your book is something REALLY valuable !

Quote Originally Posted by Letangs View Post

At least, on a positive sidenote, it kinda mean that your book is something REALLY valuable !
    It is, though I don’t think the hundreds of dollars through royalties that Don has earned on that book, has made any appreciable difference in his life - his compensation likely achieved through satisfaction.

It should also be noted that there were those who heavily collaborated with him (think Flash would say something like) monumental Novello opus.

It is
    That was rather irony tho, I meant as it is valuable for the resellers haha

I'm pretty sure anyone who has been interested by Blackjack near or far has heard from Don's book which is always mentioned as the finest BJ book ever written
    Never had the chance to read the #3, but I'm definitely going to buy it whenever it gets available !

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    +1 on the Kindle Edition request. I’d be on that like a pit boss on a guy splitting 10s with a huge bet out.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    +1 on the Kindle Edition request. I’d be on that like a pit boss on a guy splitting 10s with a huge bet out.
    Promise to discuss it with Antony Curtis. We avoided it in the past, because the former publisher said that the 400+ charts would be a nightmare. AC might have a different take on the subject.

Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast