1 4.17%
  • Age Over 65 Wealth Meter 86% to 95%

3 12.50%
  • Age Over 65 Wealth Meter Over 95%

5 20.83%

Thread: Wealth Meter by Age

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Wealth Meter by Age

A while back I posted this wealth meter on BJ21. Input your assets to see how you rank with the rest of the USA.
    http://wealthometer.org/US/calculator2.html

Now wealth is determined to a large extent by age. It is very possible a young person just coming out of medical school could be hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt, but will have great earning power for the rest of his working lifetime.

Anyway I decided to do a poll to reflect age into this wealth meter. Determine your wealth percent from the wealth meter and then enter it in the poll for the proper age bracket. The poll does not show handles.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 08-11-2018 at 03:05 PM.

It is funny. I entered the information but deducted my debt from my assets and calculated my Score but then realized my mistake and recalculated indicating full value of assets plus debt owed on them and my Score went up slightly. That just seems odd to me that the same net wealth generates a higher Score if some is assets are encumbered by debt. I wonder if that takes into account the new tax laws because tax breaks on certain debt is the only thing that makes sense for the numbers generated.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    It is funny. I entered the information but deducted my debt from my assets and calculated my Score but then realized my mistake and recalculated indicating full value of assets plus debt owed on them and my Score went up slightly. That just seems odd to me that the same net wealth generates a higher Score if some is assets are encumbered by debt. I wonder if that takes into account the new tax laws because tax breaks on certain debt is the only thing that makes sense for the numbers generated.
    I put some debt numbers in to see what would happen, but I still came out with the same result. I don't have any debt so didn't put anything in the field.

What really screws up your wealth is number of household members. If it was only myself my percent would be 5 points higher.

I am curious, how about doing a pool on varied walk of life(prior to retirement), such as bj dealer, military, doctor, teacher,.....etc. in this forum.