See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: How Does a blackjack comeback look like?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    Spread is not just about range. It is also about when you are betting.

I am guessing but I believe the game he is playing is 6d h17 das 75% pen in reasonablly tolerant environment. He should be at his max bet at TC3 not 4. He will only see about 12-14 rounds per shoe that are at TC 2 or higher. His opportunites are small and likely even less on crowded tables.

He indicated he is aggressively wonging which is mandantory in this game. He should be out at least 40% of round below TC-1.

He indicated that his game was good, and I would ask how do you know. How do you ever know how many errors you made, especially TC errors. Took insurance at TC2 because you thought it was TC 3. You get my point. A few of these at max bets wlll kill you.

The fact that he is at 2SD negative is a red flag for quality of play. Remember statistics do not give you answers, they give you questions. And the question is "Is your game tight?".
    To say it in a different way - the lousier the pen, the faster the ramp needs to be.

You need to keep in mind that your frequency of higher true counts is less when deck pen is poor. The faster ramp helps to compensate.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by cottage cheese View Post
    wonging is mandatory at a 6D with a 1-20 or 1-40 spread? I thought that spread can easily overcome sitting through negative counts. If you're wonging, you shouldn't need much of a spread at all, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    He indicated he is aggressively wonging which is mandantory in this game. He should be out at least 40% of round below TC-1.
    I completely agree with Stealth's above quote. The last thing you want to be doing is wasting a lot of time making numerous small bets in waiting when you could already be playing a positive true count on another table.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678