See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Penetration vs. Speed

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Really? I never looked into single deck 6/5 games. Maybe I should! I suppose significant penetration and being allowed a 1-6 spread will swing advantage. Do single deck 6/5 games have less heat?
    Not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by cc12b View Post
    One of my local store has 6/5 SD that some, yes only some, dealers deal down to around 10 cards before shuffle. Most of the times those tables are full of ploppies. Should I play it with HO2 at slow times. Any advice is greatly appreciated
    This is a good example of what I was talking about. YES - you should play this game - it's a monster! I ran a CVData sim on this using the following parameters: SD, 6:5, H17, D10-11, NDAS, 80% pen, HO2, spread 1- 10. The SCORE comes out to around 100. If you're betting quarters, the win rate comes out to about $125 per hour.
    Last edited by Bigdaddy; 07-22-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Thanks very much you are really Big Daddy! Only that it's DA2 and and some other things I should not say on public forum

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    A 10-1 spread in single deck? Any spread will get you the royal boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    A 10-1 spread in single deck? Any spread will get you the royal boot.
    I hear ya....1-10 spread is probably unrealistic for SD. So I re-ran the sim using a 1-6 spread and also replaced the D10-11 rule with DOA (as updated by the OP). Guess what? The SCORE is now 115 with a win-rate of $90 or so an hour betting quarters and spreading 1-6. Still a monster game.

It's always about the pen! Drop the pen to 50 or 60% on this game and I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole (and I don't the pole would touch it either ).

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    I hear ya....1-10 spread is probably unrealistic for SD. So I re-ran the sim using a 1-6 spread and also replaced the D10-11 rule with DOA (as updated by the OP). Guess what? The SCORE is now 115 with a win-rate of $90 or so an hour betting quarters and spreading 1-6. Still a monster game.

It's always about the pen! Drop the pen to 50 or 60% on this game and I wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole (and I don't the pole would touch it either ).
    You'd play it if it was 3-2 and 50% I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky View Post
    You'd play it if it was 3-2 and 50% I'm sure.
    Oh yes - definitely. With a 1-2 spread in that game (3:2, 50% pen), you can get the SCORE over 70 if you take your bathroom breaks on the deep negatives....

I have played a 1 to 8 spread in Wendover playing red chips. Think $10 to $80 and if I'm at a $5 min table sometimes that $10 min bet might be dropped to $5 in real negative counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post

Awhile back, maybe over a year when I did not know much about counting, I saw a player jumped from table min $10 to 2x4 greens each. This game is DOA2 also DAS. BTW, as dealers rotate the deeply deal is gone so good time last only 30 to 45 minutes.
    Last edited by cc12b; 07-22-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Both are important. I try to get a fast game with deep pen. For team play, I like deep pen. For solo play I like a fast game. I play shoe games mostly. If I played pitch, pen would be of higher importance. Deep pen causes swings to seem more severe due to more frequent extreme advantage count betting. This ecstasy and agony is amplified when you move toward n0 in slow motion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12