Thread: Index plays with ENHC

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Index plays with ENHC

Question. If I'm playing in a ENHC game and not making usual BS plays against dealer T & A. eg. splitting 88, AA, doubling 10, 11 etc. Is it correct to start making these plays if the true count has reached the appropriate index number?

Quote Originally Posted by Tidalu View Post
    Question. If I'm playing in a ENHC game and not making usual BS plays against dealer T & A. eg. splitting 88, AA, doubling 10, 11 etc. Is it correct to start making these plays if the true count has reached the appropriate index number?
    If your index chart is generated for ENHC, why would it not be correct? However, if you're using a non ENHC index chart for an ENHC game, then your IQ is suspect.

Having said that, ENHC, like anything else, has its departures.

" Is it correct to start making these plays against dealer T & A. eg. splitting 88, AA, doubling 10, 11 etc. "

No. You are supposed to double 11 v T at TC +4 AFAIK but I never do it. When playing ENHC do not split or double vs T or A aside from AA v T.

Now my question for the forum, is AA v T an offensive or defensive split in an ENHC game?

Also, another question, in an ENHC game, is there a negative count where you would want to hit 15 v T or split 88 v T, as opposed to early surrendering these hands?

I dont know but i think it will be so low count that it will be a bad idea to play the game ether way / it will be minimum bet game

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador View Post
    I dont know but i think it will be so low count that it will be a bad idea to play the game ether way / it will be minimum bet game
    If you're playing heads up in a game with good rules and pen, playing all can be a good option even through all of the negative counts.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Also, another question, in an ENHC game, is there a negative count where you would want to hit 15 v T or split 88 v T, as opposed to early surrendering these hands?
    I just checked in wongs PBJ table 32 Early surrender for 15 v T and 88 V T and it says the index is -2 but if you are playing ENHC where the dealer takes all, the index for 88 V T is -5

Thanks Talmadge.