See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 159

Thread: I beleive El Cortez is cheating

  1. #61


    1 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    You would be surprised that how many software developers wrote the backdoor functions that the public don't know about them.
    You have no clue how SDLC, code repositories, and source code escrow work. It's probably best you stop talking now.

  2. #62


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    Actually, I did elaborate: I stated I expect it would work for a period of time. What period of time? Whatever amount of time is set in the licensing of the hardware and software on the device. Most contracts for software and equipment like this will contain language that the company providing the services can audit the installations at any time for compliance with licensing. Usually, each of the machines contains a license that is hardware locked, most likely to the MAC address of the network card, and is verified through communicating with a licensing server periodically. The license gets updated during a refresh window so that it can operate without connectivity for a while, but at some point it must be connected to continue.

    This is just one really small example of why it would be connected. There are a ton of other reasons. These are the types of complexities that I don't think anyone is thinking of when they consider what it would mean to have a "beast mode" configuration. It is why this is so silly.
    But see that is speculation, and at best, conjecture. I only merely asked out of curiosity. It seems that no one here knows the complete answer (and even if they did, probably wouldn't share it publicly).

    That being said, 5k for an ASM could very well be a +EV decision :P

  3. #63


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushie View Post
    But see that is speculation, and at best, conjecture. I only merely asked out of curiosity. It seems that no one here knows the complete answer (and even if they did, probably wouldn't share it publicly).

    That being said, 5k for an ASM could very well be a +EV decision :P
    What I wrote isn't speculation or conjecture. It's over 20 years of experience in this industry. This is how software on custom hardware platforms is developed. Wow, you guys really just want to believe anything.

    No, what I wrote is not speculation. EVERYTHING ELSE IN THIS THREAD IS.

  4. #64


    2 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Im glad people are starting to become awake about what can possibly be going on especially in this mob ridden city of Vegas that was built on drug money and immorality. I just find it hilarious when people who defend these casinos defend them so quickly without ever taking a 2nd look. We know throughout history of the MANY corporations who 'cheated' or cooked the books, etc to gain any sort of advantage for monetary gain. So with that being said, why are we supposed to be 100% certain that the industry that relies on taking your hard earned money would not ever cheat you or try to gain an advantage to empty your pockets faster? That's completely ludicrous.

    What I've been saying all these years is just for people to stay open minded, that's all. I just cant stand the people that completely strike down the so called conspiracy theory of casinos cheating. To me that's a red flag that they maybe they know something because they work on the inside and need to defend the hand that feeds them, or they're just in complete denial because they have lost an absurd amount of money and don't want to admit it that they've been possibly hustled by these casino corporations.

    The lack of transparency by casinos today is another thing that completely irritates me. The whole pre-shuffled cards thing that is being done today is a joke. Casinos claim it saves them time and thus more money because of rounds per hour, but that's false. Most tables when casinos change the cards are completely dead and no time is being saved. Also the time being saved is maybe 30 seconds because they don't check the front of the cards and just he back for marks. They also end up throwing it in the shuffler anyway after they're done, so i mean really? So they kill the complete transparency of casino to customer by not having the cards come in order and shown from Ace to King laid out flat over the table for everyone to see what's actually in there, ALL to save 30 seconds when the table is dead anyway without any players? Really?

    With all that being said, there needs to be definite proof before we attack these casinos because if you've played long enough there are places where you run hot and way over EV and some places where you simply get killed and run way under EV, that's just how the game is and it's really unfair to the honorable casinos out there doing nothing wrong to attack their credibility without justifiable evidence. Although, if these casinos are using pre-shuffled cards though and killing the transparency, they in a way do deserve any backlash and skepticism.
    Last edited by KingZen; 07-11-2018 at 08:38 AM.

  5. #65


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    You would be surprised that how many software developers wrote the backdoor functions that the public don't know about them.
    And you know about it how?

  6. #66


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by therefinery View Post
    You have no clue how SDLC, code repositories, and source code escrow work. It's probably best you stop talking now.
    You just made the same argument that everyone will follow the rules and regulations. I am telling you a lot of people don't.

  7. #67


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by KingZen View Post
    Im glad people are starting to become awake about what can possibly be going on especially in this mob ridden city of Vegas that was built on drug money and immorality. I just find it hilarious when people who defend these casinos defend them so quickly without ever taking a 2nd look. We know throughout history of the MANY corporations who 'cheated' or cooked the books, etc to gain any sort of advantage for monetary gain. So with that being said, why are we supposed to be 100% certain that the industry that relies on taking your hard earned money would not ever cheat you or try to gain an advantage to empty your pockets faster? That's completely ludicrous.

    What I've been saying all these years is just for people to stay open minded, that's all. I just cant stand the people that completely strike down the so called conspiracy theory of casinos cheating. To me that's a red flag that they maybe they know something because they work on the inside and need to defend the hand that feeds them, or they're just in complete denial because they have lost an absurd amount of money and don't want to admit it that they've been possibly hustled by these casino corporations.

    The lack of transparency by casinos today is another thing that completely irritates me. The whole pre-shuffled cards thing that is being done today is a joke. Casinos claim it saves them time and thus more money because of rounds per hour, but that's false. Most tables when casinos change the cards are completely dead and no time is being saved. Also the time being saved is maybe 30 seconds because they don't check the front of the cards and just he back for marks. They also end up throwing it in the shuffler anyway after they're done, so i mean really? So they kill the complete transparency of casino to customer by not having the cards come in order and shown from Ace to King laid out flat over the table for everyone to see what's actually in there, ALL to save 30 seconds when the table is dead anyway without any players? Really?

    With all that being said, there needs to be definite proof before we attack these casinos because if you've played long enough there are places where you run hot and way over EV and some places where you simply get killed and run way under EV, that's just how the game is and it's really unfair to the honorable casinos out there doing nothing wrong to attack their credibility without justifiable evidence. Although, if these casinos are using pre-shuffled cards though and killing the transparency, they in a way do deserve any backlash and skepticism.
    Welcome back, ZenKing. You may stay until Norm is back from his vacation.

  8. #68


    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Cant believe this thread is still open. Norm must not be reading the forum while on vacation.

    As far as the discussion goes, seems people are either assuming casinos never cheat or cheat all the time. I think its possible to switch on an ASM program when needed and this might not happen most days or most hours but casinos have that capability and likely turn it on if they want to shake up the program or try another one given someone might be counting cards or winning too much. Kind of like a restaurant waiter who might decide to spit on an unpleasant customer's food before it gets served.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Jabberwocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Agharta
    Posts
    1,561


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Cant believe this thread is still open. Norm must not be reading the forum while on vacation.

    As far as the discussion goes, seems people are either assuming casinos never cheat or cheat all the time. I think its possible to switch on an ASM program when needed and this might not happen most days or most hours but casinos have that capability and likely turn it on if they want to shake up the program or try another one given someone might be counting cards or winning too much. Kind of like a restaurant waiter who might decide to spit on an unpleasant customer's food before it gets served.

    Spitting in someones food constitutes assault and battery.

  10. #70


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Both (non random shuffles) are criminal activities but it does not stop them from happening.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How bad is El Cortez?
    By nighterfighter in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-10-2018, 04:45 PM
  2. El Cortez
    By klove in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 06-07-2016, 08:28 AM
  3. Bettie: Car crashes into El Cortez
    By Bettie in forum Las Vegas Everything
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-21-2004, 11:35 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.