See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Dramatic SCORE Increase w/ Addition of CD Index Does Not Make Sense

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Dramatic SCORE Increase w/ Addition of CD Index Does Not Make Sense

The I18 and Sw16 both include the 10v10 index (my non RA is 4+), but they do not address the Composition Dependent (CD) 5,5v10 specifically. Therefore within I18 & Sw16 the default for a 5,5v10 index is the same as 10v10, which in my case is double at +4 (non RA).

However, when I add the "double 5,5v10 @ 4+" Composite Dependent option in the Hard Double strategy tables of CVCX, (and note that this index is the exact same (+4) as the 10v10 index) the SCORE increases dramatically, which does not make sense to me. Without the CD index, a 5,5 will be treated as a 10, which has the same doubling index of 4. Then why does the SCORE change dramatically with the addition of this CD???

Here are the results of my sims (750,000,000 iterations each) at H17 DAS RSA 4.75/6 6pl NoPeek10, using the indices generated for my parameters (generated by CVData, and are very close to the basic Sw16):

Baseline (Sw16 indices, which includes dbl 10v10@4+, but NO composite dependent additions):
    $/hr: 24.86
    SCORE: 18.22
    RoR: 12.1%

Sw16 indices (same as above), but WITH the addition of a single Composite Dependent index dbl 5,5v10@4:
    $/hr: 36.73
    SCORE:27.19
    RoR: 11.8%

Note the huge SCORE increase.

I've run these simulations several times and always get similar results.

The only reason I can think of the large SCORE increase is; perhaps the software runs BOTH 10v10 AND 5,5v10 for a single instance of 5,5v10 therefore doubling the frequency of 5,5v10. But I doubt if this is it, and probably there's something else that I'm missing.

Anyone care to share their wisdom in this dilemma?

Blog Entries

Go to Tools-Export, export the configuration to a new file, and e-mail it.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Go to Tools-Export, export the configuration to a new file, and e-mail it.
    Will do that. Will be later today though

Quote Originally Posted by SteinMeister View Post
    The I18 and Sw16 both include the 10v10 index (my non RA is 4+), but they do not address the Composition Dependent (CD) 5,5v10 specifically. Therefore within I18 & Sw16 the default for a 5,5v10 index is the same as 10v10, which in my case is double at +4 (non RA).

However, when I add the "double 5,5v10 @ 4+" Composite Dependent option in the Hard Double strategy tables of CVCX, (and note that this index is the exact same (+4) as the 10v10 index) the SCORE increases dramatically, which does not make sense to me. Without the CD index, a 5,5 will be treated as a 10, which has the same doubling index of 4. Then why does the SCORE change dramatically with the addition of this CD???

Here are the results of my sims (750,000,000 iterations each) at H17 DAS RSA 4.75/6 6pl NoPeek10, using the indices generated for my parameters (generated by CVData, and are very close to the basic Sw16):

Baseline (Sw16 indices, which includes dbl 10v10@4+, but NO composite dependent additions):
    $/hr: 24.86
    SCORE: 18.22
    RoR: 12.1%

Sw16 indices (same as above), but WITH the addition of a single Composite Dependent index dbl 5,5v10@4:
    $/hr: 36.73
    SCORE:27.19
    RoR: 11.8%

Note the huge SCORE increase.

I've run these simulations several times and always get similar results.

The only reason I can think of the large SCORE increase is; perhaps the software runs BOTH 10v10 AND 5,5v10 for a single instance of 5,5v10 therefore doubling the frequency of 5,5v10. But I doubt if this is it, and probably there's something else that I'm missing.

Anyone care to share their wisdom in this dilemma?
    This, of course, isn't remotely possible. There's a bug. And while it is possible that the 5,5 double is excluded from the other 10 v. 10 doubles, the inclusion of that single play, and at the rather infrequent +4 TC (and even more infrequent 5,5 holding) can't conceivably cause the kind of increase you're seeing.

Don

I confirm the "phenomenon" with KO

ScreenShot221.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    This, of course, isn't remotely possible. There's a bug. And while it is possible that the 5,5 double is excluded from the other 10 v. 10 doubles, the inclusion of that single play, and at the rather infrequent +4 TC (and even more infrequent 5,5 holding) can't conceivably cause the kind of increase you're seeing.

Don
    This must be a bug. There is no single index that can boost SCORE so dramatically.

Quote Originally Posted by BJGenius007 View Post
    This must be a bug. There is no single index that can boost SCORE so dramatically.
    Rather bad bug, at that.

Don

Blog Entries

Yes, yes.I'm waiting for the export.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Yes, yes.I'm waiting for the export.
    Norm, I aplogize. I left town yesterday after the original post (did not take my computer with qfit software) with plans to return yesterday afternoon (and then to export the files to you then). However am not returning until later today, and will export then. Again my apologies for the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    I confirm the "phenomenon" with KO

ScreenShot221.jpg
    Did you generate the graph yourself with data obtained from CVData, or was it generated within CVData? If generated, can you please briefly explain how.

Blog Entries

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Turns out there was a problem with Composition dependent DD indices. H/S and Surr CD indices were not affected. Probably never discovered before since CD DD indices are basically useless. Update available at https://www.qfit.com/downloads.htm. Make sure it is V5.139 and an older page is not cached in your browser.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteinMeister View Post
    Did you generate the graph yourself with data obtained from CVData, or was it generated within CVData? If generated, can you please briefly explain how.
    This is a CVCX chart. CVCX can sim all reasonable indices at once and chart them.

This is a CVCX chart. CVCX can sim all reasonable indices at once and chart them.
    Thanks Norm. A nice easy feature within CVCX that I was previously unaware of.