See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Multiple hands in CVCX

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Multiple hands in CVCX

In CVCX I input my bankroll, game rules, count system, etc. I am interested in tweaking the custom bet column to see the effect on win rate and ROR. I don't see how to tell the program I am spreading to 2 hands at a certain count?

Which of the following spreads would have a higher win rate in H17 DAS?

Spread A:

1 or below: $5
    +2: 2X$15
    +3: 2X$30
    +4 or higher: 2X$45

Spread B:

+2: $30
    +3: $60
    +4 or higher: $90

If CVCX spits out an optimal single bet, how would one convert to find the optimal bets if one must play two hands?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Tick the box that says play two hands. It's beneath back counting and above departure adjustment

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    In CVCX I input my bankroll, game rules, count system, etc. I am interested in tweaking the custom bet column to see the effect on win rate and ROR. I don't see how to tell the program I am spreading to 2 hands at a certain count?

Which of the following spreads would have a higher win rate in H17 DAS?

Spread A:

+2: 2X$15
    +3: 2X$30
    +4 or higher: 2X$45

Spread B:

+2: $30
    +3: $60
    +4 or higher: $90

If CVCX spits out an optimal single bet, how would one convert to find the optimal bets if one must play two hands?
    Not having actually looked at CVCX, Spread B. Your 2 hand bets are not efficient, and for not properly account for covariance. Think along the lines of 75% of the single unit bet, when spreading to 2 hands, I.e., 1 hand if 100 equates to 2 hands if 75.

When you don't have the advantage, do you really have different-sized bets for what should all be your minimum??

Don

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    <snip>Also, why are all the lower counts below zero grouped together? It seems I can't analyze my game if I have different bets for -3, -2, and -1 (my initial bet is larger and I either go down or up depending on the count).
    dalmatian,

When you run your own sim in CVCX, you can select the "lowest count tracked"; when you simply use the "canned" results, you're stuck with whatever was selected when that sim was generated by Norm.

Hope this helps!

Dog Hand

Also, why are all the lower counts below zero grouped together? It seems I can't analyze my game if I have different bets for -3, -2, and -1 (my initial bet is larger and I either go down or up depending on the count).
    I set up sims so the results are worse than I should get. I do this because what I do is too hard to sim all its nuances. I sim what it can sim easily and know I should do better. It is a lot safer than simming what you should do worse than. It sounds like you want to sim what the sim won't do. Make sure the sims you run give worse results than you would with computer perfect play. All the sim short fallings will have results on the safe side. Most people perform worse than the sim because they can't do everything involved absolutely perfectly. But I do better than the sim because my play includes +EV that the sim can't simulate easily or at all. Hopefully that was comprehendible.

Trying to hide a bigger spread by gradually decreasing. At -3 or less I am absolutely at min or using the bathroom. -2 I am close to min. I thought -1 through 0 can have a larger bet out and still not lose too much, perhaps getting some negative progression in here and there too. Playing in super sweaty DD......

Rules were not fully disclosed. Assume surrender, other niceties and approx house edge if .5. Consider off the top $10, reducing, same bet for plus true counts, dropping to $5 at -1 or -2. You still get the same effective spread with only a slight effect on SCORE. Adjust overall and top end for poorer rule sets.

Trying to hide a bigger spread by gradually decreasing. At -3 or less I am absolutely at min or using the bathroom. -2 I am close to min. I thought -1 through 0 can have a larger bet out and still not lose too much, perhaps getting some negative progression in here and there too. Playing in super sweaty DD......
    You are probably better off leaving the table than showing a wider spread. I get what you are saying but if you need to reduce your bet like that frequently I don't think you are hiding anything. I think one of the ways counters are obvious is making their waiting bets too frequently. Hiding your spread is better by making fewer but larger waiting bets. If nothing develops and you are losing move to another table or take a break. If you are winning it looks bad to leave so just keep winning until you have a loss or maybe two.