Thread: When to use "0" indexes other than 16 v 10

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

When to use "0" indexes other than 16 v 10

I truncate to calculate my true count, using the indexes from Professional Blackjack.

However, I know to, and have always performed the 16 v 10 index based on the running count, meaning I hit at RC -1, even though the TC would be 0 and I should technically be standing according to the book.

My question is, should I treat the other "0" indexes in this same manner (surrendering 16 v 9, doubling A8 v 6, 9 v 3, standing 13 v 2, 12 v 4, and so on)? Should I deviate as soon as the RC is negative like I do for the 16 v 10 index, or truncate for these indexes and wait until a TC of -1 to deviate?

There are a few indices that are very close to zero , i think they are A/2 vs 5 , 16 vs 10 , 12 vs 4 , A/4 vs 4 ( maybe not this one). I see you have 13 vs 2 and 9 vs 3 , those are not close the tc 0 as the index .

Quote Originally Posted by stopgambling View Post
    There are a few indices that are very close to zero , i think they are A/2 vs 5 , 16 vs 10 , 12 vs 4 , A/4 vs 4 ( maybe not this one). I see you have 13 vs 2 and 9 vs 3 , those are not close the tc 0 as the index .
    If you use Verity software to sim the indices you will be given a range of indice vs. advantage, so you can choose your indice to follow according to that info.

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    I truncate to calculate my true count, using the indexes from Professional Blackjack.
    Truncating is not recommended as the TC 0 bin, which is already the most frequent bin, will have twice the range as any other count. You are making your most common count less accurate by doubling its range of data.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Truncating is not recommended as the TC 0 bin, which is already the most frequent bin, will have twice the range as any other count. You are making your most common count less accurate by doubling its range of data.
    Ah shoot well that is what all my indexes are made for, and I don't have Verite nor want to pay that much right now. I'm sure I'll get it down the road, but not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CountinCanadian View Post
    Ah shoot well that is what all my indexes are made for, and I don't have Verite nor want to pay that much right now. I'm sure I'll get it down the road, but not yet.
    I understand why you're doing what you're doing. Start flooring, the most you'll be out is "1", which is not significant, and you'll gradually reconfigure.