See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Did I do it wrong?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Zee, as far as I'm concerned, it was a good question on blackjack. There were a couple of good answers. I could not recall the index for this play myself. I thought it was +6, and not plus 8. I figured it was high enough to not worry about. Since I play a DAS game I almost always split 8's.

By the way, just in the last year I was in the same situation. I actually got 5 eights in a row on DD. They would only let me split to four hands and one was a double. I lost them all.
    Midwest player, unless you want to become a target yourself, don't say anything. I appreciate that you can see the unfairnes.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Zee, as far as I'm concerned, it was a good question on blackjack. There were a couple of good answers. I could not recall the index for this play myself. I thought it was +6, and not plus 8. I figured it was high enough to not worry about. Since I play a DAS game I almost always split 8's.

By the way, just in the last year I was in the same situation. I actually got 5 eights in a row on DD. They would only let me split to four hands and one was a double. I lost them all.
    Midwest Player, I agree it was a good question and I learned from this thread, especially in the exchange between Three and Frieghtman. I’ve said this before, but I’ll try one more time.

I fully understand that these things happen all the time. In fact, just last night I got four 8s and split them three times. My doubt on if all this happened was on the last hand, getting a 3 for an 11 and then doubling for less, when any average player knows all doubles should be for the full amount.

This dismount (doubling for less) to a hand that was played correctly up until then got the responses Zee was looking for....people calling this play and player stupid and going on and on, which is what makes Zee’s posts so entertaining.

Again, it all might have happened, including doubling for less, and I might be totally off base.

Remember, I don’t believe everything I read, like Joe67538575 winning $400,000 his very first year playing blackjack. This might have happened too but I don’t believe it. The one thing I do believe is that Frieghman is the most feared 10 splitter in all the land. Sorry, I couldn’t resist.

Quote Originally Posted by Banker View Post
    This must be the 3rd or 4th thread, on various forums, I see about Zee splitting 8s against 10 and losing and wondering if it was wrong. Given the frequency of his play and the frequency of losing a bet on split 8, software could be made to predict how often such thread will appear. The more funnier is the vast amount of similar responses every time.
    He is writing a thread right now on standing on 16vT. He lost and is wondering if it is the right move. He reckons that if it is one of the most important deviation from ploppy BS then he should win when he does it.

What is RA index 88 vs 10 ?
    Who uses it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoebe View Post
    What is RA index 88 vs 10 ?
    Who uses it ?
    For a NDAS game it's +3. I use it when I have max bet out and LS isn't available.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Midwest player, unless you want to become a target yourself, don't say anything. I appreciate that you can see the unfairnes.
    MWP didn't say anything about agreeing with you persecution complex. He said he thought it was a good question. It was the first 4 times you asked it, but if you haven't learned enough from all those times why ask again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post

Remember, I don’t believe everything I read, like Joe67538575 winning $400,000 his very first year playing blackjack. it.
    Who is this ?

Quote Originally Posted by 21forme View Post
    For a NDAS game it's +3. I use it when I have max bet out and LS isn't available.
    Yes, thanks.
    And +4 for DAS according CVIndex.
    That means that at +4, following the RA index, Zee would not split.
    Hoping it helps to clarify the debate

Greg13394, I don’t remember his handle but it was something like Joe9258. I was just adding a bunch of numbers on the end of Joe figuring people would know who I was referring to. He was interviewed in GWAE and talked about how he won $400,000 in his first year playing bj. It was an entertaining interview. As I’ve already said many times, this might have happened (I understand it’s mathametically possible since people win the lottery all the time) but as for me it sounded too incredible of a story to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    He is writing a thread right now on standing on 16vT. He lost and is wondering if it is the right move. He reckons that if it is one of the most important deviation from ploppy BS then he should win when he does it.
    Three, this was a good one. When I read this post, I couldn’t stop laughing!

Where is this post ?

I don't know how to link posts, but it was posted on this forum about two months ago by Reymo and it was called:
    Different styles of play and GWAE guest, Card Counter “Joe”

There's a link to the GWAE podcast in the op. This post generated 160 reponses so it'll take you a while to get through it, but it makes for some interesting reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    MWP didn't say anything about agreeing with you persecution complex. He said he thought it was a good question. It was the first 4 times you asked it, but if you haven't learned enough from all those times why ask again.
    And how many times and how many years did it take for you to learn to post short messages instead of 7 paragraphs?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast