Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RoR decreases with increased ramp?

Blog Entries

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    My point is that a spread of 1 has a RoR of 100%. Increasing spread can decrease RoR. It can also increase it.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Increasing spread can decrease RoR. It can also increase it.
    Your point is that mathematics involves non-dualism.
    If -1 is a mirror image of +1 and +1 can be considered 'good' perspective,
    Then -1 is to be defined a 'bad' one.

If +God = -Evil,
    Then -God = +Evil,
    But how can evil ever be positive?

Blog Entries

Some of the greatest literature, art, music comes from too much of a bad thing. Too much of a good thing can bring hangovers -- and literature, art, music.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by mcallister3200 View Post
    Depends how you are increasing your ramp. If you’re increasing your ramp by dropping your min bet while keeping same top bet of course will decrease risk.
    Yes, if you reduce your (small bets x frequency) sufficient to overcome the amount you increase your (big bets x frequency).

It is "Action" that primarily controls variance.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

If you were previously under betting your top bets, then bringing them closer to optimal will decrease RoR. Going from flat betting to something more optimal is an extreme example of this. Increasing your spread can also be an example of this.

it is a like 2 GF can be a good thing but 200 Gfs may not be good thing. Certain poison is bad for you but if it is used in a life saving manner it is a positive. i tend to look at things with both eyes . trying to stir it up to get a different look at something which is quite obvious . i mean one would not want to increase spread to cause a more variance if that could harm them9bankroll).

While one may want to increase variance just to gain something that is "solid" EV.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    If you were previously under betting your top bets, then bringing them closer to optimal will decrease RoR. Going from flat betting to something more optimal is an extreme example of this. Increasing your spread can also be an example of this.
    Makes sense. Thanks. I just didn't expect it to be such a drastic difference..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12