Thread: CVCX is giving me confusing numbers

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Question CVCX is giving me confusing numbers

The other day, I opened up CVCX and looked at the included sims "HiLo Full Indices" and "HiLo Lite Full Indices". I found that the data within the two sims looked bizarrely different, and I've made a couple of Excel charts showing the differences.

This chart shows the Win/Loss numbers from the two sims:

win loss vs true count.png

For counts of 1 through 5, the Lite Full Indices sim says that the advantage is more than twice what the Full Indices sim says. That's a huge discrepancy!

The frequencies are vastly different, too, with the Full Indices sim showing high counts occurring much more frequently than the Lite Full Indices sim:

frequency of true count.png

The only explanation I can think of is that these two sims are using different counting systems even though the titles indicate that both are using the HiLo system.

What's going on?

Hi-Lo lite is a different count, from Arnold Snyder. You divide by remaining 1/2 deck.
    In CVCX you have to set "Half true count"

Ahhh... that explains it. I looked into that further and found that there's a "True Count Divisor" option which determines whether or not CVCX divides by the number of half-decks remaining (which effectively divides all TCs by 2).

Thank you!