See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CVCX Understanding SCORE

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MercySakesAlive View Post
    Having a conceptual problem with c-SCORE in CVCX results... bear with me...

I am playing a 6 deck game using REKO.

When I set CVCX's "decks" to 5/6 the c-SCORE for this particular sim is 78.00.

Does this mean that at that particular point in the shoe--- the 260th card (5/6 penetration) --- I have a c-SCORE that is 78.00?

Or does it mean that when the c-SCOREs at the points of the 1rst card, 2nd card, 3rd card, up through and including the 260th card is AVERAGED that I get an average c-SCORE of 78.00?

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    It means your hourly win rate for playing this 5/6 game, with your style and bet ramp is $78 per hour. Period.

Don
    My bad. I figured since you quoted a post that had nothing but c-SCORE in it that you would be referring to c-SCORE unless you specified you were talking about SCORE. Since you simply used poor writing style by opening a post with a pronoun, I assumed the only noun it could reference is c-SCORE as no other noun that preceded it in your quote fit. SCORE was never mentioned in the post that you quoted. Obviously that was not your intent when you answered the post you quoted. Or perhaps c-SCORE doesn't allow you to differ from all the standards of SCORE and you can't set a custom game speed to come up with your c-SCORE. I was under the impression that c-SCORE wasn't constrained by the speed standard of SCORE. But I am not the expert when it comes to standard lingo, as was made apparent in the RoR debacle.

I think I see where I was going wrong now. In the CVCX sim results, if I set Decks to 5/6 penetration, for example, and wanted to look at the reko count of 20... well I thought that when I looked at the Count Frequency and Win/Loss columns that those stats were for that specific moment in the shoe-- the 260th card. I didn't realize that when I set Decks to 5/6 and I look at the stats for count 20 that, count freq and win/loss are averaged over every card from 1 - 260. I think that is what got me so turned upside down. Now I can see that SCORE does not measure just one point in the shoe, it measures the entire shoe. Thanks for helping me.

Used REKO (IRC 0)
    count of 0 (roughly +1.0% IBA)
    Last edited by MercySakesAlive; 04-20-2018 at 06:04 PM.

Game A meets all the criteria (bank roll, kelly RoR, optimal bets etc) to produce a classic SCORE as it is described in BJA3. So SCORE A is a SCORE.

In game B, I used a non-optimal bet ramp. Is the SCORE B (23.63) still considered pure SCORE? Isn't it actually a c-SCORE?

Does "CVCX supply pure SCOREs all the time" or does CVCX supply pure SCOREs unless you go in and change the bet ramp or some other parameter that is necessary to categorize a SCORE as a classic SCORE?

cvcx screenshot.jpg
    Last edited by MercySakesAlive; 04-29-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Now i am getting confused.
    On my CVCX the SCORE is 7 (It's extremely low i know) but my Win/Hour shows 14.27. Which value needs to be considered when it comes to determining your earning per hour? The SCORE?
    Thank You Mr.Schlesinger! Or anybody...

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Ferenc: Simple made complex. Suppose you bet on the Super Bowl game. The amount of your bet won't change the SCORE. But the SCORE will result in how much or little you collect.

The confidence interval calculations are one of my favorite features on CVCX. So, so necessary.

Game A meets all the criteria (bank roll, kelly RoR, optimal bets etc) to produce a classic SCORE as it is described in BJA3. So SCORE A is a SCORE.
    In game B, I used a non-optimal bet ramp. Is the SCORE B (23.63) still considered pure SCORE? Isn't it actually a c-SCORE?
    Does "CVCX supply pure SCOREs all the time" or does CVCX supply pure SCOREs unless you go in and change the bet ramp or some other parameter that is necessary to categorize a SCORE as a classic SCORE?
    MSA,

Game B is a c-Score because it doesn't respect the RoR criteria and the optimal bets.
    CVCX supplies c-Score unless you enter the SCORE precise criterias (Full Kelly, $10 000 bankroll and optimal bets for the choosen spread).
    Any other combinations, which is the usual situation when analysing a game produce a c-Score
    G Man

If you change Kelly factor or bankroll, CVCX supplies SCORE also.
    Only if you change bets (as in game B) it deviates to c-SCORE.

If you change Kelly factor or bankroll, CVCX supplies SCORE also.
    How can it be since SCORE (originally stated by Don) needs a full Kelly approach and a $10 000 bankroll ?

BJA3 p.178
    Last edited by G Man; 05-02-2018 at 03:26 PM.
    G Man

It simply adjusts.

It has no even to adjust as win/SD remain constant.
    Last edited by Phoebe; 05-02-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Sorry, yes you are right, IT DOES but by definition it shouldn't!

Don stated a Kelly bettor (not a 1/4 or 1/2 Kelly bettor)
    Don stated a $10 000 bankroll (not an any size you wish bankroll)

Anyway, anything you input in CVCX, the colum will still remain labeled "SCORE"
    G Man

It does the job.
    You give the bankroll and Kelly factor, then it computes best ramp and gives win/hour and SD.
    And in the same time it gives the SCORE so that you don't have to change for it.

From the mouth of the man who coined SCORE: "No matter what you do to create a c-SCORE, for the game and spread you choose, CVCX will furnish the correct SCORE for the game, in addition to your c-SCORE. It does so whether you like it or not! Don"

My problem is that if I change the my bet ramp to be non-optimal bets what is that number in the SCORE box called: SCORE or c-SCORE? I assume its c-SCORE and I'm taking Don too literally.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast