See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CVCX Understanding SCORE

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Understanding SCORE

Having a conceptual problem with c-SCORE in CVCX results... bear with me...

I am playing a 6 deck game using REKO.

When I set CVCX's "decks" to 5/6 the c-SCORE for this particular sim is 78.00.

Does this mean that at that particular point in the shoe--- the 260th card (5/6 penetration) --- I have a c-SCORE that is 78.00?

Or does it mean that when the c-SCOREs at the points of the 1rst card, 2nd card, 3rd card, up through and including the 260th card is AVERAGED that I get an average c-SCORE of 78.00?
    Last edited by MercySakesAlive; 04-18-2018 at 03:11 PM.

YOURE OVERTHINKING, and besides, a similar answer given by someone in the last hour or 2 answers this one as well.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MercySakesAlive View Post
    Having a conceptual problem with c-SCORE in CVCX results... bear with me...

I am playing a 6 deck game using REKO.

When I set CVCX's "decks" to 5/6 the c-SCORE for this particular sim is 78.00.

Does this mean that at that particular point in the shoe--- the 260th card (5/6 penetration) --- I have a c-SCORE that is 78.00?

Or does it mean that when the c-SCOREs at the points of the 1rst card, 2nd card, 3rd card, up through and including the 260th card is AVERAGED that I get a average c-SCORE of 78.00?
    It means your hourly win rate for playing this 5/6 game, with your style and bet ramp is $78 per hour. Period.

Don

Thanks for the reply, Don.

I was talking about c-SCORE not win rate.

Any help is appreciated.

"Thanks for the reply, Don.

"I was talking about c-SCORE not win rate."

I know what you were talking about. :-) My answer is the same.

"I assume the answer would be 'it means your c-SCORE for playing this 5/6 game, with your style and bet ramp is 78.00.'"

And what, exactly, do you understand a c-SCORE to be, if not an hourly win rate using criteria other than those prescribed by SCORE?

"Is that right?"

See above. And then reread "More on SCORE," at the end of the SCORE chapter.

Don

I just know SCORE is your term, so when I talk about the SCORE's I get in CVCX I use the term c-SCORE. Isn't that right?
    Last edited by MercySakesAlive; 04-18-2018 at 06:29 PM.

I just know SCORE is your term, so when I talk about the SCORE's I get in CVCX I use the term c-SCORE. Isn't that right?
    No, it isn't. CVCX supplies pure SCOREs all the time. If you alter the parameters for SCORE, and change any or all of them, what results can no longer be a SCORE. So, Richard Reid suggested that we call it a custom-SCORE, or a c-SCORE, to indicate that the original parameters for SCORE are not all being used.

Don

I have been using c-SCORE when it is in reference to my CVCX data because that's how the CVCX software refers to it in the manual and other places in the software itself. Mostly just trying to be respectful because I read the chapter about SCORE in BJA3.

But really I'm struggling with a conceptual problem.

We might say about a game "Its a 6 deck game with a 5/6 penetration. It has a SCORE of 70.00 and win rate/ hour of $55." And then we think "cool if I sit down at this table for 10 hours, I might win $550 (although 66.72% of the time I'll win or lose a SD away from that number, etc)"

But in my mind-- that concept of winning $55/hour in this 70.00 SCORE game isn't really right. Because it has a SCORE of 70.00 and a win rate of $55/ hour BUT ONLY AT THE 260th CARD DEALT. At the 259th card dealt, it has a little bit of a weaker SCORE of 69.00 and a weaker win rate/ hour of $54.00. And at the 258th card the SCORE and win rate drop again and so on and so on... And this matters because, if you sit down at that game with a win rate of $55 / hour... you're not making $55/ hour at that table. You're making $55 for every hour that you play a 260th card in that 5/6 penetration game. Does this sound like I am understanding this correctly? I'd gladly be wrong! Thanks for your time.

"Does this sound like I am understanding this correctly? I'd gladly be wrong! Thanks for your time."

No, you're certainly not understanding correctly. A SCORE and a win rate refer to the hourly result of playing the game described. Your SCORE doesn't refer to a single card that you would play; that wouldn't make any sense at all. Just completely forget about such a notion.

Don

Okay, thanks so much for your patience. I did understand that SCORE wasn't referring to a single card. I meant it referred to an hour's worth of playing that single point in the deck over many many shoes. I understand that that is not correct now.

But if SCORE is not a reference to the one particular point in the deck than is it an AVERAGE of the SCORES (the win rates and standard devations) from cards 1 - 260 over that hour?

Thanks for helping me through this.
    Last edited by MercySakesAlive; 04-18-2018 at 09:27 PM.

Okay, thanks so much for your patience. I did understand that SCORE wasn't referring to a single card. I meant it referred to an hour's worth of playing that single point in the deck over many many shoes. I understand that that is not correct now.

But if SCORE is not a reference to the one particular point in the deck than is it an AVERAGE of the SCORES (the win rates and standard devations) from cards 1 - 260 over that hour?

Thanks for helping me through this.
    You're really overthinking this. Forget about the individual cards. You play to the stop card and you see how much money you have at the end of the hour. The only "average" is doing this over and over, hundreds of millions of times.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    It means your hourly win rate for playing this 5/6 game, with your style and bet ramp is $78 per hour. Period.

Don
    Don't you mean $78/100 rounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    Don't you mean $78/100 rounds?
    If I did, I would have written that. :-) SCORE assumes 100 rounds per hour (see the very bottom of p. 155 of BJA3).

Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast