See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 units at tc 2 or tc 3?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

2 units at tc 2 or tc 3?

Hi I’m new just got the software. I have several books I’m flipping thru and some of them have the spreads starting 2 units at + 3 instead of 2 which is correct ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob6 View Post
    Hi I’m new just got the software. I have several books I’m flipping thru and some of them have the spreads starting 2 units at + 3 instead of 2 which is correct ? Thanks
    Specifics??!!

Don

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    It depends on your bankroll, the table minimum, your own subjective tolerance for risk and demand for reward, as well as the rules of the game. A game with liberal rules will offer the same advantage at TC 2 that a game with worse rules will provide a counter at TC 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    It depends on your bankroll, the table minimum, your own subjective tolerance for risk and demand for reward, as well as the rules of the game. A game with liberal rules will offer the same advantage at TC 2 that a game with worse rules will provide a counter at TC 3.
    Very nice reasonable explanation.
    Last edited by Freightman; 04-16-2018 at 08:53 AM. Reason: Fix last word.

Betting 2 units at tc +2 or +3?

]Hi I’m new just got the software. I have several books I’m flipping thru and some of them have the spreads starting (hi-lo) betting 2 units at + 3 instead of +2 which is correct ? Thanks

Was practicing $5 min
    At .5 increase per count something like
    2-$10
    3-$15
    4-$25
    5-$35
    6-$50

Sorry new to this with my iPhone. Liberal rules. Midwest
    Stand on soft 17
    Das $100 max bet
    And I guess question was assuming I had efficient bankroll $3k I think for $5 table. In the wong book it says if I go more aggressive than .05 there will be more significant wins/losses but after time doin that I would break even or lose. I guess that should be another question. But ya just trying to figure the spread out and wether to start betting at +2 or +3

And 6 deck good penetration

Quote Originally Posted by Bob6 View Post
    And 6 deck good penetration
    I like how you wrote that. Many posters could learn a thing or two about not posting specifics on cut card placements in areas where they have just played.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    Very good post Meistro123.

Wonging style figures huge into this. Generally you want an advantage around .5% to make your first advantage bet. If you like you can make 2 different levels of waiting bet depending on advantage below that. But raising your bet too soon (with a small advantage) adds very little EV while adding proportionally more variance. This hurts your stats like c-SCORE, n0, RoR, W/L%, and CE due to the increased variance while barely increasing monetary EV.

Thanks a lot guys. By good penetration I guess not more than 2 decks. Just goin off what the books say. In real life here I didn’t see much more than that. That’s what I used to practice with. I only played in real life a cple times counting but not for years. Just practiced a lot working on ships years ago. I took felt,clay chips, felt, shoe and discard tray with me. Not playin in real life till I feel confident in betting and memorizing the variations again.

Banned or Suspended

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

In the Midwest,
    a S17 6 decker is rare although
    I have seen that at tables in High Limit Rooms.

To determine your bet spread (or ramp) firstly
    you must understand that there are variables to
    consider. The House Edge that you are
    facing is
    crucial. Secondly, the edge that you will have (with
    your count) at different TC's. Under the very best
    of table conditions (rules, pen', crowding, etc.) you
    increase your bet at +1, but it had better be excellent.
    In common poor games, playing with Hi-Lo use +3

You set your Max bet at where you will have a 2%
    advantage at +5 for the best games or a +6 with
    a common game.

For marginal games you are being conservative by
    using +2 to raise your bet and +6 for your max bet.
    Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 04-26-2018 at 12:59 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast