Thread: A question for Norm re Verity software

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

A question for Norm re Verity software

Key cards favourable for producing blackjacks (tens and aces), and for producing hard doubling hands (nines and twos, eights and threes, etc), do not stay balanced as deck is played out. E.G., at start of a single deck there are 4 nines and 4 twos producing 16 possible doubling hands of 11. This can change to 3 nines and 4 twos, giving only 12 possible 11 doubles...or two nines and 4 twos, giving 8 possible 11 doubles....etc etc

Will the current Verity software support my quest to research the effect of such reduction of hard 9, 10, 11 doubling possibilities...and of course reduction of possible blackjacks?

Thank you,

Chucky Baby

Quote Originally Posted by chucky baby View Post
    Key cards favourable for producing blackjacks (tens and aces), and for producing hard doubling hands (nines and twos, eights and threes, etc), do not stay balanced as deck is played out. E.G., at start of a single deck there are 4 nines and 4 twos producing 16 possible doubling hands of 11. This can change to 3 nines and 4 twos, giving only 12 possible 11 doubles...or two nines and 4 twos, giving 8 possible 11 doubles....etc etc

Will the current Verity software support my quest to research the effect of such reduction of hard 9, 10, 11 doubling possibilities...and of course reduction of possible blackjacks?

Thank you,

Chucky Baby
    I don't know the answer, a usual prerequisite for Don to complain. However, a big problem for lots of players, new and otherwise, is sweating the small stuff. Don't worry about it.

Blog Entries

Freightman's advice to not worry about it is correct. The indices in the counting strategy will take care of this on average. Any additional gain by looking at specific situations would be inconsequential.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Freightman's advice to not worry about it is correct. The indices in the counting strategy will take care of this on average. Any additional gain by looking at specific situations would be inconsequential.
    But Norm, my question is not whether or not to worry. I just want to know if your Verity software will support my research which would involve removing nines and twos, etc in varying proportions from a deck before simming it to see advantage effects.

Thanks,
    Chucky Baby

Blog Entries

Well, you can remove them at the start of the sim.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thank you, Norm.