Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CVData Won/ Lost Chart

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVData Won/ Lost Chart

At each count in the CVData won/lost chart, the number of losses is greater than the number of wins. I thought that at positive counts, my number of wins would be greater than my number of losses. Obviously, I'm not thinking about this correctly. Thanks for any help.

won lost chart.jpg

Blog Entries

You make money on doubles, splits, insurance -- not winning most hands.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Looks like +31 for wins to overtake losses. Actually, I thought the True number was a lot less. You get to do things the dealer can't, as Norm has indicated. In fact, it's fair to say (other than the extreme) that you are always odds on to lose the next hand.

They're 4 main reasons we make money. First, we get to double, split, take insurance, and get paid 3:2 on blackjacks - those things that the dealer can't do. Second, the higher the true count, the higher the success rate of the first reason, that is, the higher the success rate of doubles, splits, INsurance decisions and blackjacks.

It should also be noted that the higher the true count, the more money making play deviations from basic strategy.

cool, thanks a lot for the helpful responses.

Quote Originally Posted by MercySakesAlive View Post
    At each count in the CVData won/lost chart, the number of losses is greater than the number of wins. I thought that at positive counts, my number of wins would be greater than my number of losses. Obviously, I'm not thinking about this correctly. Thanks for any help.

won lost chart.jpg
    Something seems wrong. For 6-deck S17, DAS, Hi-Lo, I18, you should see more wins than losses, excluding pushes, when TC >= +5.

Just go above to BJ Resources, Stats, and see for yourself.

Don

Thanks for pointing that out, Don. Its a MRI sim of the 3rd deck of a 6 deck shoe. Also its REKO running count with IRC 0. I should have said that.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    Something seems wrong. For 6-deck S17, DAS, Hi-Lo, I18, you should see more wins than losses, excluding pushes, when TC >= +5.

Just go above to BJ Resources, Stats, and see for yourself.
    The chart is obviously from a RC system (no advantage until ToT is +14), so I don't know where/how the TC comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    For 6-deck S17, DAS, Hi-Lo, I18, you should see more wins than losses, excluding pushes, when TC >= +5. Just go above to BJ Resources, Stats, and see for yourself.
    Did that and the stats don't look right especially given this link which clearly shows that you should see more wins than losses, excluding pushes, when TC >= +18:
    https://www.blackjackincolor.com/truecount5.htm

Note that +18 is with surrender which is considered a loss.
    It's a choice but it is paradoxical that an advantageous rule makes you lose more hands.

IMHO, a more correct index is the one given by Don wich exclude surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Philippe B View Post
    Note that +18 is with surrender which is considered a loss.
    It's a choice but it is paradoxical that an advantageous rule makes you lose more hands.
    You lose less money when you properly use surrender so you would win more money over all the hands, so there is no paradox.

Tthank you
    I've understood that for a long time.

The paradox I was referring to was choosing an advantageous rule that would make you lose more hands.
    I had added, and it was not to criticize Norm, that I found the choice of Don more meaningful.

To be fair, +18 should have been calculated with "half losses" for surrenders

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast