Thread: CVCX Using Decks Depth Feature

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX Using Decks Depth Feature

I have been trying to tweak my betting schedule to get higher c-SCORES. I've had success getting higher c-SCORES by raising my bets at high counts in the deeper penetrations. My problem is is that I'm afraid I might be using the CVCX Decks feature wrong.

Is it valid to use this technique to get more power out of your betting schedule. This is the technique I use to build the schedule below.
    1. set your "decks" penetration to 3.5
    2. input your custom bet schedule to get the best SCORE (with an acceptable RoR).
    3. now change the "decks" penetration to 4.0
    4. tweak the custom bet schedule to get the best SCORE again with this deeper penetration
    5. repeat for 4.5 , 5.0 , 5.5

Am I improving my betting schedule by "turning on" my big bets later in the shoe, or am I just deceiving myself by misusing the "decks" penetration function?

Note: parameters not pertinent to this experiment include cover, heat, and the excessive bet spread. It is an experiment in trying to use CVCX in a new creative way in order to improve on an unbalanced count betting schedule.

Sims for 6 Deck DAS RSA, REKO IRC 0

betting schedule for BJ Forum.jpg
    Last edited by MercySakesAlive; 04-14-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries

The CVCX depths feature was specifically designed to improve on COB by automatically creating optimal betting for COB techniques. Having said that, I'm not personally a big fan of COB. It is a compromise technique that I think gives away a bit too much. But, that's just my opinion. I created the feature only because no such calculations were available anywhere else.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Thank you for the response. The depth feature i was talking about is the one on the results page not the CoB depth betting feature on tje sim setup section. I know this feature is usually just set once to whatever penetration the game has but I'm using it differently. Am i squeezing more out of my game or just using the software incorrectly?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

You can change the depth a card at a time and the optimal bets will be instantly recalculated. Now, you can always override the calculations to fit your own preferred betting patterns. But, that will reduce SCORE. Nothing wrog with that so long as you don't screw up your risk or SCORE to much.
    "I don't think outside the box; I think of what I can do with the box." - Henri Matisse

Cool, it sounds like I'm using the feature correctly then. Thank you. What is it about CoB you don't like? The idea of the bet ramp itself or the count that Dravot chose for his line? I've been suspicious after running some comparison sims that the gains from using cob or a cob-style ramp aren't worth the effort.

If I set the decks penetration to say 4.0 and I get a C-SCORE of like 30.00. Is the 30.00 the average C-SCORE of decks 1-4 or is it the C-SCORE at deck 4?