Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Facial Recognition System

  1. #1


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

    Facial Recognition System

    I wonder how does this system catch your face in the first place? If you don't take a smug shot when you're back roomed or something like that, can the eye in the sky record you face?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    When you're sitting at the table they can get a high resolution picture of your face. The old advice re: "Don't go to the cage to cash out because they can get a good picture of your face" is antiquated. That ship sailed once you've been under surveillance at the table.

    As for matching up your face on a subsequent visit, do you have an iPhone 10? Then you know how easy it is for them. Facial recognition has advanced greatly. If a casino has procedures in place to use FR against suspected APs, you won't be able to play there long.

  3. #3


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    When you're sitting at the table they can get a high resolution picture of your face. The old advice re: "Don't go to the cage to cash out because they can get a good picture of your face" is antiquated. That ship sailed once you've been under surveillance at the table.

    As for matching up your face on a subsequent visit, do you have an iPhone 10? Then you know how easy it is for them. Facial recognition has advanced greatly. If a casino has procedures in place to use FR against suspected APs, you won't be able to play there long.
    Does this render the decision to play rated/unrated irrelevant.

    Once they have your data via frs, their computers should be able to identify you in the parking lot, the casino entrance, or at the least, when you sit down at a slot machine or table game.
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

    Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

  4. #4


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Beware, some of these new high tech table limit signs have cameras in them recording the tables.

  5. #5


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    wow, it seems getting a player's card is a good choice now.
    Hope the FRS doesn't record everyone around the pit when the big money is played. Otherwise, when the BP team revisit the casino, they can see a clear pattern that these specific people show up again.

  6. #6


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Does this render the decision to play rated/unrated irrelevant.

    Once they have your data via frs, their computers should be able to identify you in the parking lot, the casino entrance, or at the least, when you sit down at a slot machine or table game.
    I still think it's best to play unrated. I should have added to my post above that just because the FR technology is available, it doesn't mean that all casinos have it or use it. And even the ones that do use it may not use it consistently and effectively. There are still people involved in the process. (You know the saying - good help is hard to find.) But the ones that do use it consistently and effectively (e.g., MGM stores in LV) you won't last long at. Might as well just give them your players card.

  7. #7


    0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Look, I am in OSN and they have a clear shot of me and my car. Yet, I still play rated at many places, still got comped in Las Vegas and MS. I think that its only if they get suspicious, they will check on you. as I have repeated often and gotten slammed for simply reporting it but I played exclusively rated for 2 years and then started mixing in playing rated and unrated the next two years. Since I have players cards from almost every chain, if I have a losing session, I often "find" my card and hand it in so they could record my losses.

    At one MLife casino, I was told that they had "made a business decision" and I could only flat bet (I dont play any other game)and on my next visit there, at the same casino, I was comped a room. I played a few sessions there as well.

    For me, playing rated has not caused me problems though I dont do it as often anymore.

  8. #8


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy View Post
    I still think it's best to play unrated. I should have added to my post above that just because the FR technology is available, it doesn't mean that all casinos have it or use it. And even the ones that do use it may not use it consistently and effectively. There are still people involved in the process. (You know the saying - good help is hard to find.) But the ones that do use it consistently and effectively (e.g., MGM stores in LV) you won't last long at. Might as well just give them your players card.
    I don't mind if only the BP's face being recorded.
    However, if MGM considers the BP suspicious, would they record every face near the blackjack table? So when this team come back next time, MGM can identify the BP showed up at around the same time with those same random people(spotters). so they can identify a clear pattern that these players' faces always show up together.
    It's not impossible with technology.

  9. #9


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    They treat AP like criminals , what do you think? IMO use your creativity and everything you know to protect yourself .

  10. #10


    Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Bella View Post
    wow, it seems getting a player's card is a good choice now.
    I tend to agree. I should follow that with the disclaimer that I have far less experience and far fewer hours logged than many of the people here, and I also am a recreational player rather than one who subsists on my blackjack earnings. So, knowing that I would not lose my livelihood, the potential absolute worst (to the point of not quite being realistic) of not being able to set foot in any casino ever again is not of material consequence to me. Sure, I'd miss the games, but my life would go on. That all being the case, and the fact that facial recognition has reached this point, have gone toward my decision to play rated and get rooms, food, comps, etc. At the end of the day, I'm playing for fun, a brain workout, and to take money from the casinos; if they will let me do that and sleep for free, great. If they kick me out, darn. (A funny aside, I've noticed just from my own personal finances, I spend less money on weekends when I go somewhere to hit the tables than when I stay at home; apparently with my lifestyle it's actually cheaper to stay in a casino than at home and hitting pubs, heh). Another item that factored into my decision is the diminished pit heat and ability to spread to multiple hands, etc., giving me wider opportunities at the table for cover and betting.

    So, I suppose this forum can consider me one case study in development in "how long can a rated, recreational AP last, and to what extent."

    I promise to keep you all apprised of developments. I'll be playing in Nevada for the first time quite a bit this summer, so it will be interesting to see how it goes there, with the data that some of the larger stores theoretically already have on me (and that I will bring to the table in the form of my players card). Since they can't _actually_ kick me out in AC, where I usually play, (other than from a comped room, I suppose, which has yet to happen), it should offer some verification of whether I'm still actually under the radar or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. facial recognition software
    By beta in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-26-2016, 07:41 PM
  2. Facial Recognition
    By Dtb239 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-05-2014, 12:31 PM
  3. Poker glasses, where to buy? Defeat facial recognition system?
    By John2 in forum General Blackjack Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

About Blackjack: The Forum

BJTF is an advantage player site based on the principles of comity. That is, civil and considerate behavior for the mutual benefit of all involved. The goal of advantage play is the legal extraction of funds from gaming establishments by gaining a mathematic advantage and developing the skills required to use that advantage. To maximize our success, it is important to understand that we are all on the same side. Personal conflicts simply get in the way of our goals.