I used to have the mentality of just staying as long as I can and winning as much as I can. But I soon realised (at least for me) that camping out at one joint for too long only results in getting backed off.

My rule of thumb these days is to try and be in and out in under 30 minutes regardless of the result. Obviously I make sure to always leave when it makes sense... ie when the count is headed south or at the end of a good shoe/count.

My mentality is that I want to be welcome to come back and play again hopefully for a long time. So it's in my best interest to never play too long. The longer you sit there the more opportunity they have to figure out what you are doing. You draw attention to yourself if you continue playing like a robot despite deep winning and losing swings. Also a huge win at a small joint is likely to arouse unwanted attention/interest.

Of course this is only a sensible approach if there are a lot of shops you can play close by each other. That way you can just hit one after the other and then repeat on another day shift etc