See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is 13.5% RoR optimal for fastest bankroll growth?

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MercySakesAlive View Post
    Thanks RS. and edge is just "iba" right?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    For each true count, individually.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by DSchles View Post
    For each true count, individually.

Don
    Thanks very much, Don.

I've noticed the term "expected value" can mean a couple of things. Sometimes it is used synonymously with "initial bet advantage" and other times it is used to mean "initial bet advantage x wager." Am I correct in this observation?

It's the same thing. IBA is expressed in units. When you multiplied by your wager you get the same thing in currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Gronbog View Post
    It's the same thing. IBA is expressed in units. When you multiplied by your wager you get the same thing in currency.
    Where you wrote "units," did you mean to write "percentage"?

Don

Yes, units is probably a bad choice, given the other uses for the term in our lingo. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Yes. Well, Optimal wager = bankroll * edge / variance. Just to clarify because someone might get confused by using expected value, when expected value is a function of edge and wager.
    Thanks, I understand bankroll and edge, but how to get the variance number? What exactly is that?

Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Bella View Post
    Thanks, I understand bankroll and edge, but how to get the variance number? What exactly is that?
    Has to be calculated by simulation, based on rules and true count. All the per-line variances for every conceivable game and set of rules can be found in the Chapter 10 tables of BJA3, for Hi-Lo. It's just about the same as the average squared result of a hand of blackjack, which, due to splits, doubles, naturals, surrender, and insurance is about 1.32 squared units.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by San Jose Bella View Post
    I heard a lot of pros keep the RoR as low as 1%-5%. Why not keep a 13.5% RoR?
    If losing streak happened, then reduce the bets to keep the 13.5% RoR. If winning streak happened, then increase the bets.
    Isn't 13.5 RoR make the bankroll grow faster in the long run?
    I think the bankroll would never ruin if it's adjusted after each session.
    For me personally I don't get to play very often so I can't practically keep a huge BR on hand. I just get as much together as I can and use it as a "trip bankroll" usually 30-35x my big bet if I'm going on a trip, Maybe 20-25x my big bet if im playing locally. I'm maximizing EV, and have a pretty low Ror for the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by shake View Post
    For me personally I don't get to play very often so I can't practically keep a huge BR on hand. I just get as much together as I can and use it as a "trip bankroll" usually 30-35x my big bet if I'm going on a trip, Maybe 20-25x my big bet if im playing locally. I'm maximizing EV, and have a pretty low Ror for the trip.
    I do something similar but my BJ trips are overseas ones hence longer in duration but also less frequent. For this reason my trip bankroll is always 100 max bets.

At what TC do you reach your max?

Quote Originally Posted by angle_sh00ter View Post
    I do something similar but my BJ trips are overseas ones hence longer in duration but also less frequent. For this reason my trip bankroll is always 100 max bets.

At what TC do you reach your max?

I use a unbalanced system so i dont use TC. I'm probably max betting around TC +3. my trips might be 10-15 hrs of blackjack. locally might be 5 hours or so. I hope to play a lot more in 2019. In the last year I only played about 12 hours blackjack total! I would like to get in at least 100 hours over the next year.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123