Thread: CVCX: "Insurance Decks Table" vs Resulting Win$/Rnd Discrepancy

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

CVCX: "Insurance Decks Table" vs Resulting Win$/Rnd Discrepancy

My problem: within CVCX I'm defining and comparing two strategies: STRATEGY 1: use basic strategy... and set "insurance decks table" = Never Insure. STRATEGY 2: use the exact same basic strategy as above, but set "insurance decks table" to 3 for all decks (i.e. I'm trying to compare Basic Strategy with NO insurance to Basic Strategy with Insurance at TC=3... note there are no other index changes). RESULT: Strategy 1 (no insurance) has Win/Hr = $23.48.... but Strategy 2 (include insurance at TC=3+... which should have the highest impact of the Sweet 16 indices) actually LOWERS the Win/Hr to $9.33. (Note my standard error is only $3.06/hr). Does anyone has any insight to what I'm doing wrong?

Does your second sim use the same bet spread as the first one?

Don

It's unclear if you're ramping your bets, or not.
    So, for example, if you're flat betting all hands, however keeping the count and insuring all hi lo plus 3 hands on a 6 deck shoe, then you are not getting close to the value of the index.

The reason why insurance, properly used is so valuable, is that you're insuring hands that have a wager far greater than minimum.

Advise - if wrong, then something must be off in the settings.

Thank you both for your responses. Well in my attempt to putting together pictures of the progression of each scenario so that I could post on here... I must have done it correctly this time (not sure what the heck I did wrong the multiple attempts before). Now, the juxtapose is: $22.13/hr (no indices, no insur) to $25.27/hr (insurance set to TC>=3). Thanks again all.

FYI to everyone: After my last post, I ran into problems again... huge $/hr drop after incrementally including an index one at a time into the orig basic strategy. Could not find any rhyme or reason to it. Therefore I completely uninstalled CVCX, and re-installed. Set all my parameters again, now am getting consistent increases in $ / hr with each index that I'm adding to Basic Strategy. Not sure what I did to "booger up" the original settings, but a fresh install did the trick. -Nascent