See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zen Count

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Almost absolute accuracy in the estimation of advantage and a small variance in the Halves system are a thousand times more valuable than the merits PE Zen.
    Last edited by Gramazeka; 03-27-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    Almost absolute accuracy in the estimation of advantage and a small variance in the Halves system are a thousand times more valuable than the merits PE Zen.
    Yes, but if you can turn the Zen Count into a level 3 Zen count than it could outperform the Halves.

Quote Originally Posted by seriousplayer View Post
    Yes, but if you can turn the Zen Count into a level 3 Zen count than it could outperform the Halves.
    If you change some tag from +2 to +3, then the counting system is no longer called Zen.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    So noted. Did you get that Mr Freighter?

I just look at the burner I've been in on for the last 8-10 months, and figure it's a combo of good count and judgement.

Regardless of count system, when the deck is hot, any system will tell you to blast, conversely, pop those mins out when the deck is dead. Halves identifies marginal strength and weakness better than most, coupled with a 2 ramp system and strong bankroll, and it's a force to be "reckoned" with.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    This game is so friggin easy and the count employed is great when you're winning. It's the one you still believe in when you're losing that matters.

But yes, Freighter, your butt was in the toaster for little reason or logic.
    I really don't give a shit. I know what I've accomplished - but yes - in the midst of the biggest 3 month downswing you've ever seen (a few years ago), absolute faith in the math, the system and my abilities.

Considering the fact that I don't do this for a living, lifetime winnings are impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Considering the fact that I don't do this for a living, lifetime winnings are impressive.
    Plus you get to use all the money I pay Ms. Freightman.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    Plus you get to use all the money I pay Ms. Freightman.
    Given that I have just payed house vig from my most recent trip, just returned, and further, that my wife has just assessed me with her annual Pesach Levy, every dollar contributed by Spike is appreciated by Mrs. Freightman.

Before my mother passed away, and for several years prior, both Seders were at my house - with dinners for up to 20 people. I have no idea what it costs, I don't want to know how much it costs, my wife refuses to tell me how much it costs, I'm healthier for not knowing what it costs, and she spends a good week preparing food for it.

For non Jewish forum members, here's a little link with some info on Passover (Pesach). Happy Easter.

http://www.jewfaq.org/holidaya.htm

She told me ~ $50 per person; so a grand. Not counting any gifts for the kids she snuck past you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    She told me ~ $50 per person; so a grand. Not counting any gifts for the kids she snuck past you.
    That's per night, and I'm not sure that the $50 a head covers it. It's entirely kosher, and there is lots of food. Like u said - I don't want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatian View Post
    Halves has a lower PE than zen. Would it still be much stronger than zen in DD?
    Yes!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

That's per night, and I'm not sure that the $50 a head covers it. It's entirely kosher, and there is lots of food. Like u said - I don't want to know.
    Mah nishtanah!
    Diyeanu!
    Elijah’s 5th cup of Manoshewitz or Mogen David.
    Charoseth.
    Freightman’s special scondary multiparameter Matzoh Ball Count!!!
    "Your honor, with all due respect: if you're going to try my case for me, I wish you wouldn't lose it."

Fictitious Boston Attorney Frank Galvin (Paul Newman - January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) in The Verdict, 1982, lambasting Trial Judge Hoyle (Milo Donal O'Shea - June 2, 1926 - April 2, 2013) - http://imdb.com/title/tt0084855/

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Galvin View Post
    Mah nishtanah!
    Diyeanu!
    Elijah’s 5th cup of Manoshewitz or Mogen David.
    Charoseth.
    Freightman’s special scondary multiparameter Matzoh Ball Count!!!
    I don't know the whole menu -
    Both nights start with, in order - Seder, gefilte fish, matzoh Ball soup. Both nights will have 2-3 salads, at least 2, if not 3 kugels, veggies, lots of wine on the table(s). Both nights will have at least 2, if not 3 different desserts, including my mom's recipe for matzoh farfel cookies, lots of water and juices. Both nights will have coffee, herbal teas etc., served at the end if the night.

The children clean up when they find the afikoman, which I make sure I've hidden it where it is easy to find. Me and my buddy, Eliyahu, share several glasses of wine.

There will 2 main courses per night, one if which will be served both nights. Usual choices are brisket, turkey, chicken, and meatballs. If you leave my house hungry, it's your own damned fault.

Frank, I think the FBM ASC is more subtle than a matzoh ball count. Besides, a good matzoh ball crumbles far to easily.

I don't know the whole menu -
    Both nights start with, in order - Seder, gefilte fish, matzoh Ball soup. Both nights will have 2-3 salads, at least 2, if not 3 kugels, veggies, lots of wine on the table(s). Both nights will have at least 2, if not 3 different desserts, including my mom's recipe for matzoh farfel cookies, lots of water and juices. Both nights will have coffee, herbal teas etc., served at the end if the night.

The children clean up when they find the afikoman, which I make sure I've hidden it where it is easy to find. Me and my buddy, Eliyahu, share several glasses of wine.

There will 2 main courses per night, one if which will be served both nights. Usual choices are brisket, turkey, chicken, and meatballs. If you leave my house hungry, it's your own damned fault.

Frank, I think the FBM ASC is more subtle than a matzoh ball count. Besides, a good matzoh ball crumbles far to easily.
    Frank, one last point. Decades before I started counting, I won a sales incentive trip to Monte Carlo. Thus was September 1978. My wife accompanied me, and we stayed at Loews Monte Carlo. I didn't gave a clue about counting, employed a martingale type system. That first session, which I rpthink was a $1.00 or $2.00 min, I won about $25. What easy money. Anyways, the gift shop at Loews had this incredibly beautiful high quality seder plate. I bought it for my wife. If I recall, it cost about USD 125 or 150. It holds a prominent place in our China cabinet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast