See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newb question

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Newb question

Short question as to if o should be spending my time more efficiently. I have been working the Red 7 for about a month and have Norms software. Honestly I feel fairly confident - though not anywhere I would go near a real game. Have been reading about Omega II ( and it’s advanced form). This last one, I feel is too complicated for me at this time. The reason I stared with the Red 7 was its simplicity and thus the ability to establish SOME kind program.

Am am I in the right track with the Red 7? Is it a strong enough system given its simplicity. Or should I go to something a little more challenging for the time being I do feel I am not anywhere near ready for Omega II. Again , am i corrrect assuming this as well?

For the deviations for Red 7 - are the ones stated in the book the only ones I should concern myself if continuing with Red 7 or can others be combined.

Thanks for your time

There is not a significant gain from using a more complicated system, stick to something simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    There is not a significant gain from using a more complicated system, stick to something simple.
    Why do it, Meistro, why?

Stick with Red 7 until you get more experience, it's plenty good enough to win and simple enough so it is not so confusing. It seems you have a good plan.

Banned or Suspended

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    "Am am I in the right track with the Red 7? Is it a strong enough system given its simplicity. Or should I go to something a little more challenging for the time being I do feel I am not anywhere near ready for Omega II.Again , am i correct assuming this as well?"
    No. You are NOT on the right track.

Easier than Advanced OmegaII
    is Hi-Opt II.

Side-Counted Aces are required with both of these powerful counts.

Our "edge" is minuscule and a weak count
    (like Red-Seven) is a very poor choice.

Have you considered the ZEN COUNT.
    That is the perfect count for those who
    are too lazy to Side Count Aces.

Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 03-16-2018 at 12:02 PM.

1 out of 4 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    No. You are NOT on the right track. Blackjack is a complex game.
    Slightly easier than Advanced Omega is Hi-Opt II. Side-Counted Aces are required with both of these powerful counts. Our "edge"
    is very small and a weak count like Red-Seven is a very poor choice. Have you considered the ZEN COUNT. That is the perfect count for those who are too lazy to Side Count Aces.

Must I indoctrinate once more the benefits of the FBM ASC - for feel good play.

Banned or Suspended

3 out of 5 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Freightman,
    ................ Don't you think that it is time to let your testicular joke about how much you scratch your scrotum die?
    ...............It is suitable for pubescent males and those who ride the short bus to school,
    but not for the hordes of peeps trying to learn how to play BJ effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Freightman,
    ................ Don't you think that it is time to let your testicular joke about how much you scratch your scrotum die?
    ...............It is suitable for pubescent males and those who ride the short bus
    to school, but not for the hordes of peeps
    trying to learn how to play BJ effectively.
    I might respond in similar terms regarding hi Opt 2, but I think everyone is tired of the bullshit commentary, and I would have thought that you and 3 got the message.

Now, before Norm blows a gasket....see link

https://youtu.be/BZOTszoKbE4

Yes, correct.

Don

I use Red 7 happily and successfully.

I assume that its simplicity protects me better from errors and also allows me more easily to spend energy and brainpower looking like a ploppy, chatting with the dealer and other players, watching for heat, even having a beer for additional camouflage.

I have not used a more advanced system, so I cannot compare from personal experience, but I can say that Red 7 is absolutely sufficient and an excellent thing to focus on if you are new to counting.

I'll be working on a more advanced count somewhere in the future, but I'm happy enough with my results for now that I honestly do not feel major incentive to do so versus continuing to improve my other facets of play.

Bracing myself for forum heat lol.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I started out using red seven and three index plays. I was using large spreads so it worked fine. Not all agree with me, but I always have been an advocate for learning and getting comfortable with an easy count, then transitioning to a harder count once you’re more established and familiar with the game.

Learn the simpler count and plan on playing 20% more or increasing your bet ramp 20% more to overcome your loss of EV by not using the multi level system.

Learning this game and achieving perfection is a step wise progression that includes many more aspects than just the technical playing decision. When you feel you have mastered this level of understanding, then re-evaluate the multi level counts because their is some value to be gained as proven by countless sims albeit the expectations should be adjusted by some undefined, and usually, unrecognized error rate that is induced by the brain strain.

Good luck on your journey.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Thank you so much for the replies. That is what I needed to hear. I am fully aware this system may not be the preferred system to many , however thats the trade off - as someone on the thread incorrectly implies it is logic rather than Laziness that Lee me here. I figured an easier method would allow a better introduction. I know Red 7 may be looked down upon slightly but at least it's got me in the game.

Out of curiosity what would be the next Logical system to tackel? I have actually read some negative thoughts on hi opt II.

CAN any other deviations be used with Red 7 - I am confused with one of them...Am I actually standing with 9 against 2 at -4? For the life of me, I think I am missing g something right in front of my nose. Sorry for the stupid questions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast