See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does anyone use the 6/5 and other carnival-game listings in CBJN?

Banned or Suspended

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbs6582 View Post
    "If I see more 5 and 6s than 2 and 3s, I know I have more of an advantage at the same count."
    Oops. I hope that that was just a typo.

The E.O.R. for the 5 and the 4 are almost

double those of the 7 or 2.

The 3 and 6 are intermediary.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster_Flash View Post
    Oops. I hope that that was just a typo.

The E.O.R. for the 5 and the 4 are almost

double those of the 7 or 2.

The 3 and 6 are intermediary.
    Normally, I'd be delighted to answer this relatively simple question. However, I note the huge addition of unhelpful comments to my tally. Clearly, my opinions are not wanted or desired. So, if I will err, I will do so on the side of caution, and decline to answer.

However, in my opinion, his point is made.

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by G Man View Post
    "LOL, from time to time you drop a stupidity."
    Obviously my expertise you are unaware of.
    What you ought to know is that ALL of the recognized authorities on BJ would be
    wondering whatever gave you the notion that I am not just simply wrong, but I am
    ignorant to the point where you can insult me.

Last edited by ZenMaster_Flash; 03-18-2018 at 05:42 PM.

Banned or Suspended

Are there any experienced skillful BJ players in this thread that agree that Hi-Lo is a fine choice for Pitch Games?

Are there any experienced skillful BJ players in this thread that agree that Hi-Lo is a fine choice for Pitch Games?
    Normally, I'd be delighted to answer this relatively simple question. However, I note the huge addition of unhelpful comments to my tally. Clearly, my opinions are not wanted or desired. So, if I will err, I will do so on the side of caution, and decline to answer.

Just my opinion, but

LV Bear stated many times that his choices for SD was Hi Lo. Have no recollection of any comments on side counts. Seems to me that he did pretty well. Of course, he can deny or confirm.

Further, your comments are far more suited to low spreaD, and not as applicable to large spread. As was once commented by bear, SD is a different animal.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Yes, I do agree!
    It's up to you to not consider me as an experienced or skillful player.... Who f..... cares?
    G Man

Banned or Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    "LV Bear ... his choices for SD wasHi Lo."
    Freightman,

Think outside the box. I assume that, like me, you too
    have met him and will understand my cryptic response.

He does indeed use Hi-Lo. BUT that is for his style of play,
    which I cannot reveal. What one uses themselves and what
    one advises others to do, may, or may not, be the same.

Freightman,

Think outside the box. I assume that, like me, you too
    have met him and will understand my cryptic response.

He does indeed use Hi-Lo. BUT that is for his style of play,
    which I cannot reveal. What one uses themselves and what
    one advises others to do, may, or may not, be the same.
    I alluded to it. You categorized no boundaries. Express limitations, and my "opinion" may change. My own dd play has ranged from accepted protocol to bearish abandon.

The term "fine choice" is rather interpretational to each individual. What point are you trying to make? Sounds like you have something to say but you are beating around the bush.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Sigh. 2 .38 3 .44 4. .55 5. .69 6 .46 7 .28 4 is not close to double the EOR of 2.
    They are certainly about double the EoR of the 7.
    1.5 times the EoR of the 2 is .57. Double is .76. The 5 is certainly close to double but the 4 is just a hair under 1.5*0.38 or 0.57. At one and a half I would call it close to double. But it is just a hair less at 0.55. The implied accuracy of the comment is that expressed as the same double or triple etc it is closest to double than the same or triple. If he would have said close to 2.0 times the EoR of the 2 and 7 that would imply in between 1.95 to 2.049999 times the EoR because the accuracy would be to the first decimal. Since twice has no decimals the implied accuracy is between 1.5 and 2.499999.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Huh? T3. I was merely stating the time. Not explaining how to build a watch. .38 + .38 = .76. which is nowhere near .55.

Just another one of your Dad's profound proclamations.

MDLF
    I was just stating how to interpret what is said in terms of accuracy. He barely stretched one of the 4 relationships. When talking about making count tags a very loose relationships is what you are talking about. One would assume that was the reason for the reference. You seemed to want to ignore the context of the comment. That is why so many level 2 counts tag the 4 along with the 5 as double the tags of the 2 and 7. Some even double the 6 and maybe the 3 as well. Very few take your implied recommendation of only tagging the 5 as double that of the two's tag.

Just looking at multi-level counts here is how the cards tagged double the 2. Unless specified they are all level 2 counts:

Canfield Master: 4 thru 6
    HioptII: 4 and 5
    KISSII: 3 thru 6
    KISSIII: 3 thru 7
    FELT: 3 thru 6
    Mentor: 3 thru 6
    OmegaII: 4 thru 6
    RPC: 3 thru 6
    Revere APC: 5 (level 4 count)
    Revere 14 Count: 5 (level 4 count)
    UBZII: 3 thru 6
    Uston APC: 3, 4, 6 and 7 (level 3 count)
    Uston SS: nothing (level 3 count)
    Halves: 3, 4, and 6 (level 3 count)
    Zen: 4 thru 6

So as you see most multilevel counts use an even broader definition of what should be tagged double the 2. You may wonder why since you had a problem with ZMF's statement on tagging ranks. When tagging cards you are concerned about the averages of card groups. So stating 2 and 7, and the 4 and 5 as two pairs of ranks in a sentence on tagging would imply the average of the two pairs.
    The 2 and 7 average 0.33 EoR and the 4 and 5 average 0.62. That is pretty close to double just as ZMF stated.
    Last edited by Three; 03-19-2018 at 08:31 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123