See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mistakes made

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dogman_1234 View Post
    With all do respect Zeebabar
    It is spelled due and ZeeBabar is owed none. He deserves all the abuse he gets on this forum. Someone with over 2,000 posts on this forum wrote what he wrote. Reflect on that.

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by umbrellaman View Post
    It is spelled due...
    Danke Schoen.

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Please stop demeaning Zee. As a somewhat student of the game, so far I have learned from him:

You should play rated, all the noise about countermeasures is bullshit. I was wrong.

Basic strategy and indexes are an interesting statistical concept but to be trumped by heat, how I feel today, how my playing companions fee, what time the nine thirty bus leaves or any other voodoo I want to use.

When the above strategies are employed, you will win copious amounts (just like me) and be able to make slightly depreciating remarks about myself on this and other forums displaying my humility and veiled intelligence.

I will become a celebrity capable of advising other new players.

I have no advice for Zee, I am now a student of his mastery. I can't wait for the book.
    Luck is nothing more than probability taken personally!

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    Regarding your last sentence - yes - you need to grow a set.
    I suspect, under current conditions, you do not consider Zee a candidate for FBM ASC.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by kuma View Post
    I suspect, under current conditions, you do not consider Zee a candidate for FBM ASC.
    Some of you seem to jump to conclusions. I do know the right plays to make. I just admitted that I did not always make the right plays because of a variety of factors. These are issues of culture and psrsonality. It's what has been my weakness. I tend to settle for harmony , getting along with others at the table and deferring to big bettors. Thus, I may sometimes opt to settle for lesser EV.

If you resident pros are determined to label me a ploppy of see me as a poor player, just move on.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    I almost rated the OP as helpful. Helpful as an example of idiocy.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Seems like few read the OP properly when it comes to me.

First, I was not asking what the correct play was. I was admitting that I had not made the correct play.

Second, I was asking if and when others refrained from making the correct play and why.

Third, now much might not making the correct play be costing us.

Does everyone always make the correct play (obviously many do not when splitting 10's)?

Are there other times of occasions when you did not do what the play called for?

As usual, I expected a few who circle around these forums to see my name and take out their hostilities.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeeBabar View Post
    Seems like few read the OP properly when it comes to me.

First, I was not asking what the correct play was. I was admitting that I had not made the correct play.
    Noticed.

Second, I was asking if and when others refrained from making the correct play and why.
    When I get 3 hours of sleep. Otherwise, I consciously refrain from deviating from proper play.

Third, now much might not making the correct play be costing us.
    A lot. You should have CV software, right? Otherwise, BJA, the latest edition.

Does everyone always make the correct play (obviously many do not when splitting 10's)?
    I once stood a 4-card hard 17 vs dealer Ace in Sp21. Dealer drew my 4.

Are there other times of occasions when you did not do what the play called for?
    Excluding indices; I rarely try to.

As usual, I expected a few who circle around these forums to see my name and take out their hostilities.
    Maybe take a break from the forum, read up on High-Low a little more, practice your count and deck estimation, practice basic strategy and index strategy for your point-count system, run some sims, read some books (Wong, Griffin, Schlesinger, etc.)

Posting on the forum is not going to get you off OSN, it is not going to make you the best High-Low player out there, and it certainly won't garnish you any respect when you post about flagrant errors in your strategy.

Winning? Practice. Losing? Practice. Practice until you are so sick of thinking of counting you get nauseous.

Zee posted some info on plays/strategy that does come up often. I believe he knows the right decision on every one of them, but is looking for reassurance that he should or not should have made those decisions. You know the plays and indices.....don't trust the gut, you don't get many opportunities to get more money on the table. When the opportunity comes up and the count dictates it as the right decision, do it!! Funny how you remember the big loses, but not so much the wins.

Quote Originally Posted by moses;244578o
    1.) Norm's prodcuts 2.) Norm's products 3.) Norm's products.
    I've been meaning to ask this for ages; do Norm's products support indice generation for custom counts in SP21/Pontoon?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast