See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Threads Going Off Topic

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Threads Going Off Topic

It seems just about every thread eventually goes off topic. After the first 4 or 5 replies the thread goes off on some tangent completely unrelated usually social in nature. This doesn't happen at BJ21 and I wonder if it is because this site doesn't have a social board.

I know Norm doesn't want politics and religion, but I do think a social forum would help. BJ21 has both a social and politics forum. Any thoughts.

This happens on every forum about everything.
    Theres no person so stoic a message board forum cant make them an adhd maniac mouth-farting an asinine stream of irrelevant conscience

People are like walking cliche generators - a forums audience combined with anonymity gives people the chance to break out of that stifling modus operandi by allowing them to shout otherwise prohibited nonsense into the digital wind

Thats how you get a dusty ol middle class fucking canuck yacking about his saggy ass balls

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Hmmm. Exactly, what are you saying? I mean without going off topic. lol
    He was referring to me. It's unfortunate that his eloquence is sub standard. He did declare a truce, which leads us to consider his new nick - Two Tounge English Pig Dog. He speaks with forked tongue.

Quote Originally Posted by Freightman View Post
    He was referring to me. It's unfortunate that his eloquence is sub standard. He did declare a truce, which leads us to consider his new nick - Two Tounge English Pig Dog. He speaks with forked tongue.
    I have 2 dogs, a French bulldog and a presa canario

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    This thread didn't have a chance. It went off topic from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Three View Post
    That would be who, not "what". There are already moderators. Perhaps a penalty for being deemed to go off topic too frequently or incorrectly reporting off topic too frequently to limit the extra work for our moderators.
    Since you are singling who, and not what, and as lng we are discussing free speech issues, perhaps their should be penalties fir the excessive verbosity.

So ALL of my 1 liners are going to get reported? Geez.

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    So ALL of my 1 liners are going to get reported? Geez.
    No, think it will be me. You'll have to carry the torch regarding the FBM ASC.

Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Midwest Player: The numbers. General Forum

Since December 2011 there were 5124 started threads.

2 were over 300 posts.
    9 were over 200 posts
    45 were 100-199 posts
    280 were 50 to 99 posts.

It doesn't take long to sift through up to 50 posts which has been the case for 4,760 threads.

According to the numbers, I'm not seeing the urgent problem. So, rather than start a controversial thread and then hide, like you did with Which Count is Best. Your voice should be heard.
    A victory against search and seizure - oops - wrong thread - meant free speech.

This is ironic. I am going to ask my first ever BJ question, and I am doing it on a non-BJ thread (about off topic posts). If I wanted to add a side count to my present hilo count, what should I consider?

If you are playing double deck you could benefit from a side count of aces.

6 decks for me

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast