See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Probability theory in Texas Holldem

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

oooh that is an interesting twist. Both players benefit from their outs being in the deck. 22 can now hit four deuces instead of 2 and AK can now hit eight cards instead of six. But AK needs to hit to to win, 22 does not, so this probably benefits AK more.

Bingo !!!
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

Now you have a great opportunity to make money in poker clubs
    "Don't Cast Your Pearls Before Swine" (Jesus)

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by moses View Post
    Perhaps 21forme needs to start a freighter T3 thread?

Titled forum tolerance?

104 posts on Probability Theory. Really? I didn't because it was a 5th grade math problem. Man, now Ryemo is back in therapy.
    Worth a thumbs up. Good humor.

What is the edge for 22

Quote Originally Posted by SpikeBJ View Post
    AK-47 against 22LR. No contest.
    Got that one right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gramazeka View Post
    AK offsuit vs 22.

Two players are standing near a table where players play Texas Hold'em. Everyone must first choose one of these hands. The calculation between the players occurs after they distribute 5 cards to the table. What player will win over a long distance. Which hand has more EV ?
    this is just a question about raw equities?

of course 22 is a favorite over AK

but in real life play, give me AK every time. AK plays way better than 22. it hits a nice top pair, it has good effect of removal (meaning less likely opponents have AA or KK) and can be used to bluff a lot. 22 plays poorly postflop and has terrible EoR.

22 should typically be folded first to act in a 9 handed game with decent players, where as AK can be opened and even 4-bet if your open gets 3-bet.
    May the Variance be with you.

four betting AK after you open UTG in full ring is over playing your hand, because the weakest hand you should think about opening from this position is AQ, and even that I prefer to just muck most of the time. You really think someone is going to stack off AJ to you in this situation? Plus some of the time you should just call with it to induce weaker hands to enter the pot behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meistro123 View Post
    four betting AK after you open UTG in full ring is over playing your hand, because the weakest hand you should think about opening from this position is AQ, and even that I prefer to just muck most of the time. You really think someone is going to stack off AJ to you in this situation? Plus some of the time you should just call with it to induce weaker hands to enter the pot behind you.
    Its called bluffing. And you dont do it at 100% frequency

Bluffing with a really strong hand is a very bad idea.

Bluffing with a really strong hand is a very bad idea.
    No its not. Everything is situational. Ive bluffed weak players off of QQ holding AK. But its not something you do 100% of the time. A lot of the time i would flat AK i. This situation and use A5s or A4s as my 4 bet bluffs. But if i think the player is weak in general, i might try bluffing using AK.

And sometimes you just need to 4bet the AK for value in this situation because the other guy is just trying to bully you.

This is a legit hand that happened:
    Playing 5/10 insane guy utg straddles 20
    Folds to me in MP i open AQo to 75 (big sizing bc this dude NEVER folds.) Folds to the straddle guy and he 3bets to $600. Lol. I JAM FOR VALUE for $6,100 effective and he calls it off with A 10 suited.

Poker is 100% situational.

This is probably the most insane hand ive ever played preflop. I jammed HOPING he would call bc im just vastly ahead of his range here, EVEN HIS CALLING OFF RANGE!

Trying to bluff people off strong hands is a very common leak. You should not try to bluff people off strong hands, people do not fold strong hands. Instead, you should try to bluff people off of weak hands.

Trying to bluff people off strong hands is a very common leak. You should not try to bluff people off strong hands, people do not fold strong hands. Instead, you should try to bluff people off of weak hands.
    Do you understand what situational means?

To some people, holding QQ and getting 4bet is scary and QQ is a weak hand to them. Key words SOME PEOPLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123