Thread: Reko-F vs Reko-I

Did you find this post helpful? Yes | No

Reko-F vs Reko-I

Just read about Reko-I, which is briefly noted in MB(2nd). Finally committed F to memory and now I'm wondering if I should switch to I? Reko-I is not a sim in CVCX. Anyone have any insights on Score comparing the two on an H17 DAS 6D game?
    Last edited by Red Green; 02-18-2018 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Green View Post
    Just read about Reko-I, which is briefly noted in MB(2nd). Finally committed F to memory and now I'm wondering if I should switch to I? Reko-I is not a sim in CVCX. Anyone have any insights on Score comparing the two on an H17 DAS 6D game?
    If you have CVDATA you can simulate REKO-I. Select CVCX option in CVDATA.

REKO-T performs 5.2% better that REKO-F.

Wattenberger, Norm. Modern Blackjack Second Edition Volume I (Kindle Locations 9044-9045). LuLu. Kindle Edition.

The gain using these REKO-I indexes is about 60% of the gain of true-counting(REKO-T).

Wattenberger, Norm. Modern Blackjack Second Edition Volume I (Kindle Location 9959). LuLu. Kindle Edition.

z8390Chart.jpg

So with a small time investment of memorizing 5 sets of indices you could move to somewhere between the blue and red lines.

thanks, gents....bad on me. I scanned that graph but failed to register the score on the left (duh!)...the internet is wreaking havoc on my reading skills.

Just comparing the two and notice most of the soft double indices are missing in Reko-I, ditto the few splitting indexes. Curious.

Just comparing the two and notice most of the soft double indices are missing in Reko-I, ditto the few splitting indexes. Curious.
    REKO-I in the book shows only the catch 20 indexes and the fab 4. This is the original I-18 without the two 10 splits and replacing those with the next 4 highest value indices(8v5,8v6,A8v5,A8v6).

Here is a good read:
    https://www.blackjackinfo.com/commun...n-essay.10922/

Quote Originally Posted by sbrugby View Post
    z8390Chart.jpg

So with a small time investment of memorizing 5 sets of indices you could move to somewhere between the blue and red lines.
    I have been simulating the REKO/KO strategy for years. I did almost everything you can imagine to further improve the strategy. You are better off taking all the REKO True count indices and convert all of them to running count for each individual decks (1-6). For betting use the depth-base betting option in CVDATA to find the optimal strategy by choosing the CVCX option. It is also the same as true counting REKO and it outperforms the REKO-I listed in Modern Blackjack. By doing this, it will perform very very close to the REKO-T version in terms of SCORE. That would be my suggestion if you are planning to memorize 6 sets of indices.
    Last edited by seriousplayer; 02-19-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Thanks Sbrugby, SP.

Having reviewed, I think I'll stick with the near 50 index plays I've already committed. The marginal value in converting to Reko-I or the method SP notes is relatively small, especially when you consider the effect of camo play (dynamic, opposition, etc) and trying to find better pen.

Appreciate the pointers.

Are you guys KO variant players? If so which index are you utilizing?

I moved on from KO/TKO to a level 3 count system.

Formerly REKO-F.